FX loop parameters HELP

First of all I apologize for my english. I'm not a native. Sorry guys.

Ok, I'm struggling to understand how the fx loop block parameters behave.
This is the scenario:
I'm using the fx loop block as a second input to take the signal from an external audio source (my laptop running my daw), playing my guitar parts, through the axe fx2 itself, upon it as if it is my band and monitoring both (the daw and my guitar) from the main output 1.
The fx loop is on an indipendent row (not any other block connetcted before or after it) and goes stright to the output block.
Everythings fine (audio from the daw is correctly present on the main output 1 alongside my guitar sound), except that no one of the parameters on the block edit page seems to have any effect on the sound coming from the daw. Nor the level, or the panpot. The same also for the individual scenes level and the main level slider.
Daw connected to input 2 pair.
Output 2 unused (but is the same if I insert 2 jacks into the output 2 pair).
Monitoring from output 1 pair.
Input 1 pair unused.
Guitar inserted into input on the front panel.
The main issue for me is that if I need to modify the output level of a specific scene for a given preset (I do it acting on the main output box relative scene level slider), the audio from the daw changes as well (obviously) and I would like to compensate for this change modifying the daw output level on the fx loop edit page for that given scene. But it doesn't work at all.
What's wrong?
Any help is more than welcome.

001.JPG 002.JPG

First of all I apologize for my english. I'm not a native. Sorry guys.

Ok, I'm struggling to understand how the fx loop block parameters behave.
This is the scenario:
I'm using the fx loop block as a second input to take the signal from an external audio source (my laptop running my daw), playing my guitar parts, through the axe fx2 itself, upon it as if it is my band and monitoring both (the daw and my guitar) from the main output 1.
The fx loop is on an indipendent row (not any other block connetcted before or after it) and goes stright to the output block.
Everythings fine (audio from the daw is correctly present on the main output 1 alongside my guitar sound), except that no one of the parameters on the block edit page seems to have any effect on the sound coming from the daw. Nor the level, or the panpot. The same also for the individual scenes level and the main level slider.
Daw connected to input 2 pair.
Output 2 unused (but is the same if I insert 2 jacks into the output 2 pair).
Monitoring from output 1 pair.
Input 1 pair unused.
Guitar inserted into input on the front panel.
The main issue for me is that if I need to modify the output level of a specific scene for a given preset (I do it acting on the main output box relative scene level slider), the audio from the daw changes as well (obviously) and I would like to compensate for this change modifying the daw output level on the fx loop edit page for that given scene. But it doesn't work at all.
What's wrong?
Any help is more than welcome.

View attachment 50899 View attachment 50900
The Level and Pan knobs you see in the FX Loop block affect the block input of the FX Loop block. it can balance and change level for the rows going into it on the Axe itself. those don't affect what comes in through physical Input 2. so that is functioning correctly.

The MAIN slider affects Out 1. since your FX Loop is going to Out 1, the laptop sound will be affected. you'll have to use some other method of adjusting level per Scene if you want only the guitar level affected.

i thought the "Main" sliders in the FX Loop block would affect the output volume of that per Scene, but you're saying it isn't. i haven't used that in a while so i can't say for sure.

The Level and Pan knobs you see in the FX Loop block affect the block input of the FX Loop block. it can balance and change level for the rows going into it on the Axe itself. those don't affect what comes in through physical Input 2. so that is functioning correctly.

The MAIN slider affects Out 1. since your FX Loop is going to Out 1, the laptop sound will be affected. you'll have to use some other method of adjusting level per Scene if you want only the guitar level affected.

i thought the "Main" sliders in the FX Loop block would affect the output volume of that per Scene, but you're saying it isn't. i haven't used that in a while so i can't say for sure.

---------

Hi Chris and thanks for your super fast reply.
I've gone through some new test and this is what I've find out:

All the parameters on the fx loop block edit page affect the input and output of the block ONLY if you use it as a "splitter" of the signal from the main flow (my guitar in this case) towards output 2. See pic belove. In this scenario the level and pan knobs on the first page affect the input level and the pan from rows 1-4 into the fx loop block. The scenes sliders (and the main level slider on the first page as well) affect the output level towards output 2 only.
In case you use the fx loop as secondary input and connect its output to the main output box (output 1) none of the parameters work. And in this case the output 2 is muted, no sound at all.

I'll make some new test using the blocks feedback send and return asap, I remember I've read something about it on the web... not sure about it but I'll try.

Thanks again
Marco

003.JPG

---------

Hi Chris and thanks for your super fast reply.
I've gone through some new test and this is what I've find out:

All the parameters on the fx loop block edit page affect the input and output of the block ONLY if you use it as a "splitter" of the signal from the main flow (my guitar in this case) towards output 2. See pic belove. In this scenario the level and pan knobs on the first page affect the input level and the pan from rows 1-4 into the fx loop block. The scenes sliders (and the main level slider on the first page as well) affect the output level towards output 2 only.
In case you use the fx loop as secondary input and connect its output to the main output box (output 1) none of the parameters work. And in this case the output 2 is muted, no sound at all.

I'll make some new test using the blocks feedback send and return asap, I remember I've read something about it on the web... not sure about it but I'll try.

Thanks again
Marco

View attachment 50919
Yes. This is all expected behavior.

Back
Top Bottom