Fx III crashed during 5.08 update

DPfent65

Hello, New to fxIII. Just set up Fx III. Worked fine out of the box. Tried to update to 5.08 update failed several times even under emergency boot. System is crashed. What to do next?

Hello, New to fxIII. Just set up Fx III. Worked fine out of the box. Tried to update to 5.08 update failed several times even under emergency boot. System is crashed. What to do next?
if you tell us where/when it is failing, and what "system crash" means, we might be able to help.

give us more details. chances are it's user error from being new, bad USB cable, etc, something simple like that.

if you tell us where/when it is failing, and what "system crash" means, we might be able to help.

give us more details. chances are it's user error from being new, bad USB cable, etc, something simple like that.
OK I had USB cable hooked up and was able to access all presets from computer thru axe edit. All connected well. Went to Fractal bot to update. When installing at last percentage, get status code 28 internal write error. Tried to update several times from emergency boot procedure...no dice

OK I had USB cable hooked up and was able to access all presets from computer thru axe edit. All connected well. Went to Fractal bot to update. When installing at last percentage, get status code 28 internal write error. Tried to update several times from emergency boot procedure...no dice
My system crash means no picture on screen when it boots up.

Now that we have more details, including the error message, we can make more insightful recommendations.

Here is a thread with a similar issue: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...-no-longer-boot-normally.149354/#post-1771768

Ultimately it sounds like contacting support@fractalaudio.com is a good idea. Link to this thread.

Huh? What's your issue? :rolleyes:
No need to be a jerk...

You said chances are it's user error. I asked how could it be.
I don’t really want to type it all out. It could be user error stemming from an inaccurate description in the first post. It happens all the time. I’ve been doing this over 10 years.

Great news that you got it sorted out and didn't have to send it in!

Haterz will be haterz - nothing changes here...lol

Back
Top Bottom