FX-8 Volume Drop

DreadNotPop

I just installed version 3.2 on my new FX8. I am new to the pedal. I am noticing a volume drop when the post in/out is engaged based on the wet/dry mix on the fx loop on the amp head. The wetter I set the amp the more the volume drops. I'm also noticing a slight eq change when no blocks are engaged. Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone have ideas on how I can remedy this situation?

can you please describe your setup? what amp specifically?

can you also describe the wiring please? something like this:

guitar to FX8 Pre In
FX8 Pre Out to amp Instrument Input
FX8 Post Out to amp FX Loop Return
amp FX Loop Send to FX8 Post In

thanks.

can you please describe your setup? what amp specifically?

can you also describe the wiring please? something like this:

guitar to FX8 Pre In
FX8 Pre Out to amp Instrument Input
FX8 Post Out to amp FX Loop Return
amp FX Loop Send to FX8 Post In

thanks.

Sure. I'm using a Marshall JVM 210 head.
I hook my guitar to the pre in and send pre out to the head
I have the post in/out hooked up to the head fx send/return
The amp has a dial on the back that goes from dry to wet
Typical 4 cable system. I want to use a midi cable soon to channel the amp but I want to iron out this issue first. Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Sure. I'm using a Marshall JVM 210 head.
I hook my guitar to the pre in and send pre out to the head
I have the post in/out hooked up to the head fx send/return
The amp has a dial on the back that goes from dry to wet
Typical 4 cable system. I want to use a midi cable soon to channel the amp but I want to iron out this issue first. Any help would be gladly appreciated.
what loop are you using - the parallel or the power amp/serial? i'd guess the parallel.

try using the power amp/serial one :)

All of my fx are running in series. I'm set the pedal to have a 2/6 config with comp and drive before the preamp and my modulators after

the loop on the JVM. try the power amp/serial loop.
I think I have found the possible cause but need help with remedy. One of my fx blocks is acting as an on/off switch for all of the blocks in the post fx loop. When I turn on the flanger all volume is at parity and all fx work properly. When I turn flanger off nothing in the fx loop is active and there is a volume drop. Any ideas on what parameter(s) I need to adjust?

Can you upload the FX8 preset? Load the preset in FX8-Edit. Near the Save button is a down arrow, click it, then export the preset. Upload the file here.

ahh. it's set to mute. i'll try that. should all fx blocks in the fx loop be set that way?
if they are set to mute, when it is bypassed, the signal will be muted.

if they are set to thru, the audio will pass through it when bypassed. typically you want it set to thru.

Back
Top Bottom