FW19 Good Sounding Metal Zone ?!

^ for setting it as a boost would you just turn the gain all the way down and crank the volume like you would for a TS?

correct

but you dont really need to crank the volume that much. Its been said already but the MT2 is REALLY agressive so setting the level at about 6-7 gets you all the boost you could need.

If you are going for an extreme metal tone running the pedal with that setup in front of a dual rec results in absolute destruction.

Yeah, destruction of my ear bones. Throw in some cookie monster vocals and I'll jump out of a ten story window to get away from it all. :lol

The Metal Zone was a big part of the Friedman Megadeth era.

I also saw this really cool bluesy band with a female singer back when I was a teenager. During their break, I went over to the guitar player and remarked on how good his tone was. The other guitarist in my band and myself were shocked that he was using a Metal Zone into a Rivera tube amp. He explained to us how he had it set, but I don't remember as that was decades ago.

I still have mine. It can be good for some heavy stuff thru a clean tube amp as others have said.

dissection used an mt2 through a jcm900 on the first two albums, the mt2 provided almost all of the tone and the apparently they just liked the jcm because of all of the reverb it had

Back
Top Bottom