FW12 6160 + Recto2 Red Quad Track / New Rock Single

shinodax

Hey everyone,

Here's the guitar playthrough for this rock single "Labyrinth" that I've written and produced for my band, Goodnight Monsters. This is not the original mix as I've pumped up the guitars volume for the video. I was a little skeptical about quad tracking as it tends to cause muddy mix if it's not blended appropriately. But here it is, quad tracking done with 2 heavy amps, 6160 II(Rhythm) + Recto2 Red (Lead) since I was going for that really thick and heavy vibe riding through the song. The solo was recorded with FRIEDMAN HBE and eq/delay/reverbs were added in my DAW.

Original song mix:

Labyrinth | Goodnight Monsters

Band facebook : https://www.facebook.com/goodnightmonstersband

Thanks for the checking it out.

Last edited:
Modern Song and great sounds...........

But to know if the Sounds good enough for a song you/we have to listen in the original mix. For me it´s sometimes dissapointing when my guitar Sounds go down in the Mix by turning down the Level..............High frequences and Presence seem to fade by low Level.........

What means Quadtracking? you´ve recorded the rhythm tracks four times with these two amps? What cab´s have you used?

Hubi

Thanks guys. The original mix is here.I recorded 4 layers of guitar tracks and panned left right 80-100% depending on the riffs. If I'm not wrong I used a stereo cab with German 4x12 and 4x12 V30 #4 (Kalthallen). I will low pass it from 7.5k - 8k hz to get rid of the fizz as usual. Just need the nice and sweet mids to cut through the mix.

Hi Shinodax

the original Mix sounds very good - the guitars are still there at the right volume! I like the Sound of the rhythmguitars very much - not to heavy, but very strong!

I´ve never been a friend of the Kalthallen - IR´s - but they do a good Job with the german cab.

The only thing, that I don´t like is the Sound of the HiHat.........think ist programmed, or?

Last edited:
Thank you very much. The german cab gave the huge low end it needed in the mix and also the bass helped a lot to create the movement. Yes the drums are all programmed.

Back
Top Bottom