FW11 'playability'

guitartripp

Inspired
I played quite a bit this morning, and I'm finding that with FW11 it's almost 'easier' to play. I read a posting a few days ago where someone talked about times where their playing was more difficult due to the tone, etc. with some of the amps. I'm finding my playing to be more fluid...I'm ripping through some DT solos that I had a little trouble with before. I absolutely LOVE the Mesa tones, as I said before...dead on! There's a more 'spatial' feel to everything now.

How is everyone else's 'playability' since FW11 came out?!

No change. Same sounds as 10. Knobs changed here and there. Brilliant way of "updating" the FW with out all the messiness of really making any changes. Yes FW is better and less filling.

Plexi jumpered makes it hard to put the guitar down! It's hard to describe, but the dynamics are incredible! More responsive now on most of the amp models I have tried thus far...especially the marshalls. I have my first gig tonight on FW11!

I created a patch with X amp that's plexi clean/crunch and the Y is jumpered with a modifier attached to the input trim...sounds magical!

Now once we get that super bass I will be 100% satisfied :) hint hint

I played quite a bit this morning, and I'm finding that with FW11 it's almost 'easier' to play. I read a posting a few days ago where someone talked about times where their playing was more difficult due to the tone, etc. with some of the amps. I'm finding my playing to be more fluid...I'm ripping through some DT solos that I had a little trouble with before. I absolutely LOVE the Mesa tones, as I said before...dead on! There's a more 'spatial' feel to everything now.

How is everyone else's 'playability' since FW11 came out?!
Yeah, I found that to. I'm actually very happy to see that this have appeared to more people than me so then it cant be the placebo effect. :)

I'm right there, too. It was amazing just how my guitar was singing again, and with some volume, but not near stage volume, the percussiveness and liveliness was amazing. The effort required to obtain was almost non-existent, if you know what I mean. Funny how that, for me, really works to, as both guitartripp and Erik Hammero said above, make me much more fluid. FW 11 is certainly the stuff for me!

The jumpered plexi has this awesome "spit" in the note attack, that I have not yet heard with other models. Great!

For whatever reason.. 11 feels and responds perfect for my taste. I could not be happier with how it reacts.

I agree as well. Firmware 11 + the new ownhammer mix ir's feel and sound like butter, however still have bite and edge.

I got home today from traveling all week. So I loaded up 11 and picked with the last preset I was working on and I haven't been able to move from it. That was a while ago. I'm hearing more detail and new harmonics. Amp is Dizzy VH4 4 and Cali 80s mix with guitar volume rolled back to 7. Liking it alot.

I'm feeling a lot better interaction with my guitar at lower gain settings! Just makes me not want to put it down!!!!!

Amps sound much better off the bat for me. Might have to bump the bass on the saved presets, but the amps are not as boomy.

I never really cared for the Hiwatt before. The jumpered Hiwatt changed all that. It just kills!! Incredibly good tone & gain!

Me too. Can't stop playing, probably will dream about it tonight. Good thing Saturdays are heavy music day for me - I'll play for hours and hours getting ready for the Sunday gigs.

The jumpered Plexi sounded and felt sooo good at rehearsal last night. The gap between my tone and the other guitar player (on an HD500) widens...

I use the Basketweave TV and Ax mixes. (1cab, stereo mode) the Ax mix is the one from the Fractal producers pack.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I made two patches with the jumpered Plexi: one just uses the FAS G12M25, the other uses the Basketweave TV mix and the OwnHammer G65-OR T1 Live Vintage.

Back
Top Bottom