FW10 Holy crapper

This ac30 sounds just like blackmores sound on Down To Earth.
At least through my matrix-poweramp and 4-12.
Can'twait to the weekend gigs.

Did you try the plexi 100W with Top Boost tone stack? Or the plexi 100W normal channel with a treble booster and TB tone stack? :twisted

Already didn't care much for young mister Bieber. But after I read what he wrote in the guestbook of the Anne Frank museum last week, I realized he is lost for this world.

If only she could have believed in him. And been a self-absorbed American teen who accomplished nothing. Oh, did I say that out loud?

I've heard owners of AC-30s say for years that modellers just can't match the complexities of a real AC-30, so I'm always trying to figure out what is so "special" about that amp. And what are the recorded examples of its unique tones?

No !
I can't say I have tried the top boost tonestack in the axe.
But I built it in in a couple of marshalls with succes.
Treblebooster needs to be explored some more. I don't think
the default setting is fat enough for me though. I takes some tweeking
I guess.

Did you try the plexi 100W with Top Boost tone stack? Or the plexi 100W normal channel with a treble booster and TB tone stack? :twisted

Lots of Status Quo and Queen-albums for sure.
Maybe older Jeff Beck but I'm not sure. Beatles albums
I think also.

I've heard owners of AC-30s say for years that modellers just can't match the complexities of a real AC-30, so I'm always trying to figure out what is so "special" about that amp. And what are the recorded examples of its unique tones?

Yes, V10 is absolutely a good "year" "un bon cru", V7 already was a big step but now it's just perfection. Cannot see how this can be perfectible, IMHO it's up to us to play yet !

I have no idea.
Mine sounds great through real cabs with poweramp.
I put the tonecontrolls flat and dialed out the treble with hi cut o 3 a clock gain at 2 a clock.
Sounds great with a SG with p90 s .

The IR business is a deal of it´s own.

I was listening to clips on theampfactory.com today & these two AC30 clips sound fantastic to me. I'm not even close to these kinds of tones, especially using the old or new Class-A 30W IRs. What am I missing about how to dial in an AC-30 (not looking to tone match)?

Top Boost:
http://www.theampfactory.com/audio_samples/739.mp3

AC-30:
http://www.theampfactory.com/audio_samples/126.mp3

Back
Top Bottom