FW Updates for the FM9?

d15d5e85a4d517a2.png

With the FX3 18 beta, I want all of that rolled into the next FM9 release (especially the compressor updates).
I don't know I think it will take more than 1 update to catch us up , we are trailing by a bit
the quick knobs. ABCDE , the pitch verbs , the pitch block itself , the Mega Tap delay block , the new drives , new flangers , new delays ,

and not 18.0 with the compressors

One if the biggest features you lose going with the Fm3 (and apparently Fm9) compared to the axefx3 is a near continual stream of updates. In that way, it is probably ideal as a gigging machine where you aren't tempted to constantly screw around reworking after updates... Because there aren't as many.

It is disappointing though because that new constant stream of updates is one of the reasons you buy a Fractal but by now everyone should be aware that the axefx is "the big man's" playground and focus of his attention while the other products have a different life.

On the other hand, the Fm3 seems to work very well at this point and delivers a ton of value. At the current sale price, it is a steal!

One if the biggest features you lose going with the Fm3 (and apparently Fm9) compared to the axefx3 is a near continual stream of updates. In that way, it is probably ideal as a gigging machine where you aren't tempted to constantly screw around reworking after updates... Because there aren't as many.

It is disappointing though because that new constant stream of updates is one of the reasons you buy a Fractal but by now everyone should be aware that the axefx is "the big man's" playground and focus of his attention while the other products have a different life.

On the other hand, the Fm3 seems to work very well at this point and delivers a ton of value. At the current sale price, it is a steal!
Both are fairly new. The FM3 required a number of updates to get "stable" and also did get a number of updates.

I think it's too early to say for sure...

But, I think to some degree you are right - it's always going to be the flagship product that gets the most love. And I'm ok with that (but I also own one! ;))

I'm also very hopeful that most of these updates will trickle down to the the FM9.

I would be extremely THANKFUL to see a FW update this Thanksgiving week/weekend. But I know Cliff and gang deserve some time off. So here’s hoping for next week!

I have owned all their products and this is the first one that I remember thinking updates were far between, let alone a initial fix. Again...I have run mine live a couple times and ZERO issues, so just saying Cliff typically does not sit still. Improvements are always welcome and appreciated. But never really needed. Fractal's quick awesomeness has bred expectations that are higher than normal too.........

I have owned all their products and this is the first one that I remember thinking updates were far between, let alone a initial fix. Again...I have run mine live a couple times and ZERO issues, so just saying Cliff typically does not sit still. Improvements are always welcome and appreciated. But never really needed. Fractal's quick awesomeness has bred expectations that are higher than normal too.........
AX8 and FX8 were both pretty similar to FM3/FM9 in terms of update pace, I think. All of these products share a commonality that they don't seem to be Cliff's primary development platform.

I appreciate the improvements Fractal make over time, and I’m sure we’re going to see some nice features in 2.0 per @Admin M@. After selling my AF3, I only have the FM3 now, and have an invitation for an FM9, but I’m waiting to see if the pitch block improvements make it in before I buy. I’m eager to pull the trigger and have a 2nd unit again, so checking the forum daily.

I appreciate the improvements Fractal make over time, and I’m sure we’re going to see some nice features in 2.0 per @Admin M@. After selling my AF3, I only have the FM3 now, and have an invitation for an FM9, but I’m waiting to see if the pitch block improvements make it in before I buy. I’m eager to pull the trigger and have a 2nd unit again, so checking the forum daily.

I wouldn't wait too long to make that decision if you want to get it before February or March of next year. They have stated that they are running out of stock on the first run. I thought they would have run out by now from what they have said.

I wouldn't wait too long to make that decision if you want to get it before February or March of next year.
Or longer. One of the guys on The Gear Page was thinking of returning his new FM3 and getting on the waitlist now for an FM9 and was apparently told it would probably be around June.

Back
Top Bottom