FW 18.08 Badger 30 Clean Sound

I thought it was Hillsong too. Awesome patch! I think many people (including myself) could learn some things by checking it out if you are kind enough to share.

Sorry, didn't mean to "soon" you guys. The patch is now up in the original post.

A couple details though; the clip I recorded was played with my pickups in parallel with the MV set all the way to 10. I normally play on the patch as is in the middle position on my other humbucker guitars that don't have a 5 way switch. Oh, and the FX Loop is just for when I want to play through my actual cab.

Great stuff. Can you please share the cab-lab IR mix details? Thanks!

I updated the original post for details concerning the impulse, but I'm afraid I don't keep saves of the exact mixes I make. I can tell you the process I used for it can be found in another forum post I made explaining how to align them perfectly here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/cab-lab-cab-lab-live/97256-cab-lab-3-tip.html

Usually from there if it's a Royer mixing with an SM57 I just keep the 57 at 0dB and lower the Royer around 3 dB at a time until I get the sound I want.

Just tried this out. WOW! Thanks. I bypassed the cab, sent it through a power amp and into my Orange 4x12 cabinet. Spectacular tone! I lowered the amount of reverb though, it was very heavy. Replaced my previous main clean tone that's for sure. Thanks for this.

Just tried this out. WOW! Thanks. I bypassed the cab, sent it through a power amp and into my Orange 4x12 cabinet. Spectacular tone! I lowered the amount of reverb though, it was very heavy. Replaced my previous main clean tone that's for sure. Thanks for this.

Glad you enjoy it! I usually just use the patch for flinger plucking chords or notes, so yeah I could see it being too much for other uses. I play it through my cab loaded with a V30 and an Invader 50, so no surprises there that it sounds good through your Orange! Scene 2 should have already been set to bypass the cab and go through Output 2 if you would like to use it that way.

Thank you for posting the patch...some great stuff in there...I like your use of the compression and delay blocks.

Beautiful tone man! Thanks for sharing. I was having a hard time getting this kind of tone out of the Badger, so sharing your preset was very helpful. :encouragement:

BTW, why do you have Val Kilmer as your avatar?:D

just tried to listen and it says file not found

That means a proxy, firewall or browser add-on is blocking the dropbox URL and the player can't download the file. I get this from my work machine, but not at home.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom