FW 18.08 Badger 30 Clean Sound

Chronos

Experienced

Fairly sure this is my favorite amp for playing a clean/ambient tone. That is all.

Edit: Here's the patch for everyone that was asking, and thank you to everyone who commented.

Impulse was an Ownhammer V3 Creamback H mix from the Bogner cab I did myself, but the PMDR 06 mix included in the pack should get you close enough with processing mode set to "None" in Cab-Lab 3 if you have it.

View attachment Badger 30.syx

Last edited:
I like it!

Which IR did you use?

Terry.

It's a creamback H mix in the Bogner cab from Ownhammer. SM57 and Royer blend I did in Cab-Lab 3 without processing and just time aligned.

Sounds really good what song is that chord progression from?

I actually recorded this to send to a friend because I couldn't remember why it sounded so familiar. :lol Finally figured out that the progression is very similar to a song used in an episode of Top Gear.

It's a creamback H mix in the Bogner cab from Ownhammer. SM57 and Royer blend I did in Cab-Lab 3 without processing and just time aligned.

I actually recorded this to send to a friend because I couldn't remember why it sounded so familiar. :lol Finally figured out that the progression is very similar to a song used in an episode of Top Gear.

Ah... I could have sworn it was a P&W tune form Hillsong or somebody but wasn't completely sure, Sounds really good though! I agree with others sharing the preset would be cool!

Ah... I could have sworn it was a P&W tune form Hillsong or somebody but wasn't completely sure, Sounds really good though! I agree with others sharing the preset would be cool!

I guess it does have a bit of a Hillsong vibe to it! It's in the episode where Jeremy Clarkson races against the sun. I found the clip on YouTube, it's at the end of the segment right as the sun rises.
Oh, and I guess I might just cave in to peer pressure and post the patch later today after everyone's very kind words.

I actually played a real Badger 30 today. It doesn't have that much presence to it (IIRC it had no presence knob) but it was definitely one the best clean sounds I've ever heard for coil splittage with my PRS. Really full bodied.

Next time I'm at the music store I'm gonna sit down with the real thing. My cousin tried the Axe-Fx model and then decided to try out a real one, he was considering buying one after that.

You're correct on the no presence knob, I think just a non-functioning hi-cut in the Axe model as the real amp doesn't have a hi-cut either. The presence in the tone really came from playing in the parallel position on my Ibanez, so I'm sure the split coils on your PRS would be fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom