FW 14 coming out tonight or not?

Each time they make an update I'm nowhere near maxing out the previous FW.
This isn't a complaint, just a grateful observation of how much FAS has given us.
99.9% of the things I buy, that's it - you get what you pay for once and no more ( and that's fine ! ).
But here I am with something I grabbed a couple of years ago and it just keeps giving and giving - and I can't remember a time when I enjoyed being a guitarist so much.
As always, many thanks - as small as these words are, I couldn't possibly enjoy playing the guitar as much as I do now.

I would have to agree with you David. I'm still new to the axe fx. It amazes me how often we get updates (not complaining). Ill finally get comfortable with new firmware and boom! New update haha

You folks are ridiculous-do you every play the guitar????? It's unbelievable and many complain, for real???? I just don't get it./ This is to no one specific-............................................

I don't look forward to 14 as much as i normally do before new fw. 13.07 sounds so good and those TAF Cabs are great.
Cab Lab 2, that's another matter. Would really need it for easier auditioning of all these new cabs...

I'm happy with FW 13.

I was happy with FW 12

I was happy with FW 11

Do you see a pattern emerging here?

When all said and done, we all want our beloved black boxes to be the latest and greatest to give us an edge over the competition and our other guitar friends and make them as jealous as possible. I am "FASsing" for FW 14 because I know that with a big number change comes major improvements over little bug fixes. I'm used to waiting now and I don't obsess over it anymore. I'd rather it was done right than released early with bugs. You can't please everyone, so go figure.

I'm happy with FW 13.

I was happy with FW 12

I was happy with FW 11

Do you see a pattern emerging here?

Same here (as with others I'm sure). I was happy with the Ultra back in 2009! The improvements have been huge since then. I think we're beginning to see smaller steps in improvements now because the tones are that good. I was flipping through some IR's the other night. In doing so I moved to an amp sim that I normally don't play. Immediately I thought "WOW - This IR is AWESOME!". So I compared it to other similar IR's and some from other libraries. There wasn't a huge difference. A difference, but not huge. When I put the stock IR in place I realized that it was the amp sim that sounded that damned good. The IR(s) was/were just the icing on the cake.

HA,

I just updated to 13 yesterday.

The Axe FX has sounded so good for so long I really can't see how it can really get any better, other then adding features. Course I only use 1% of the horsepower the Axe FX can do.

I play the Axe EVERY day. Have since I bought my ultra all those years ago.

The beauty of it is for those of you that love the complex setups, multiple amps and every effect under the sun, it does it in spades.

For guys like me who enjoy nothing more then plugging into an old school marshal and nothing else, it does that in spades too!

Back
Top Bottom