FW 13. 01 and Gigging

Satch4u3

Experienced
I have a gig tonight and really want to try these new HI/Ultra Res IRs out over FOH. I know it may be a gamble but those of you who have had some extensive play time with the new FW...You think it's stable enough.

Seems like a number of people been gigging with FW12.04 which is basically the same apart from the UltraRes IRs. So I would think its very well stable enough to gig with. If you didn't have any issues with 13 or 12.04, Id say go for it

I have done a couple gigs with 12.04b and it worked fine as well. I will give 13 a shot tonight!

Seems like a number of people been gigging with FW12.04 which is basically the same apart from the UltraRes IRs. So I would think its very well stable enough to gig with. If you didn't have any issues with 13 or 12.04, Id say go for it

Just wanted to jump in here and say that there is a lot more other than just the UltraRes IRs. I noticed a change in tone without even using the UltraRes IRs. There is this more full, 3D feel, that is really hard to explain. It is like I had two speaker cabs right in front of me before, and now it is like someone took those two same cabs and moved them 5 feet back and separated them left and right. It just has a more "in the room" sound. Like I said, hard to explain.

With the UltraRes IRs, I definitely noticed a "growl" that wasn't there before when the chords are ringing out. With updates, some folks expect huge change but I think it is a slow process.

I second that quote below - 13.01 sounds incredible - really an eargasm, and that is not a fan-boy statement and I'm not using the ultraRes cabs yet.

I gigged last week with 12.04b and no issues and have gone through all my presets on 13.01 with no glitches at all. I will be gigging confidently tonight with 13.01.

Just wanted to jump in here and say that there is a lot more other than just the UltraRes IRs. I noticed a change in tone without even using the UltraRes IRs. There is this more full, 3D feel, that is really hard to explain. It is like I had two speaker cabs right in front of me before, and now it is like someone took those two same cabs and moved them 5 feet back and separated them left and right. It just has a more "in the room" sound. Like I said, hard to explain.

With the UltraRes IRs, I definitely noticed a "growl" that wasn't there before when the chords are ringing out. With updates, some folks expect huge change but I think it is a slow process.

Unless he changed his mind, Cliff said he wasn't going to make any changes to the modeling between.12.04b and 13.00. I'm voting for placebo effect. :)

Sent using Tapatalk 4.

The feel of 13.01 seems better than 12.04b but maybe it's just placebo effect.

"Improved power amp modeling via improved modeling of the plate impedance of the power tubes. This gives tighter bass (less flub) and warmer highs when the virtual power amp is heavily driven (higher Master Volume settings). This also improves the feel and dramatically increases the “3-dimensionality” of the tone. The plate characteristics are adjustable via the new Dynamic Damping parameter. This parameter defaults to the appropriate value when an amp model or power tube type is selected."

If the "Dynamic Damping" parameter was in the previous firmware release, I missed it. There is definitely a difference with this firmware update but maybe certain options were there before and I just missed them.

where are you guys downloading the new firmware from - the link on their website is broken.

"Improved power amp modeling via improved modeling of the plate impedance of the power tubes. This gives tighter bass (less flub) and warmer highs when the virtual power amp is heavily driven (higher Master Volume settings). This also improves the feel and dramatically increases the “3-dimensionality” of the tone. The plate characteristics are adjustable via the new Dynamic Damping parameter. This parameter defaults to the appropriate value when an amp model or power tube type is selected."

If the "Dynamic Damping" parameter was in the previous firmware release, I missed it. There is definitely a difference with this firmware update but maybe certain options were there before and I just missed them.

This was in 12.04b, including the Dynamic Damping parameter.

This was in 12.04b, including the Dynamic Damping parameter.

Well there you go. :)

I don't know what was up with my unit before but sounds a lot better now. I don't know if I had any issues, etc. but something opened up in the unit. The UltraRes kicks ass as well.

Sound checked earlier. Sounds killer fellas! Very impressed. FW held up nicely for what I was using.

Same here. the old cabs sound different. It kind of sounds like the room parameter to me though.

Back
Top Bottom