FW 10.0

Every Modeler/Processor/Profiler forum has it's share of impatient members. Fractal is about to unleash a masterpiece(it sounds like) and there's a bit of negativity about the wait. I wonder if anyone ever told Picasso to hurry up!

This is how I do all my cooking. As soon as I see that there's food on the stove, I start encouraging it and telling it to get done. Works great for me. When I try to help my wife that way with her cooking, she doesn't like it. Instead she posts to a forum until the food gets cooked. We all have our ways.

This is how I do all my cooking. As soon as I see that there's food on the stove, I start encouraging it and telling it to get done. Works great for me. When I try to help my wife that way with her cooking, she doesn't like it. Instead she posts to a forum until the food gets cooked. We all have our ways.

I do car repairs in a similar fashion.

One of the funnier posts on impatience and firmware!

Cheers,
Mo.

yep-- it will be a great day of fun. The waiting sucks, but it is what it is. Its not like they are intentionally delaying... just sucks to wait!!!!!

'Waiting' is a state of mind. It occurs when the mind is focused on the 'future' (a time zone that does not actually exist). Live in the present, and there is no such thing as 'waiting'...

Thanks man. That gave me my Zen dosage of the day. :)

Now, it's Friday! Off to play with my Axe in V8!! So long, people!!

'Waiting' is a state of mind. It occurs when the mind is focused on the 'future' (a time zone that does not actually exist). Live in the present, and there is no such thing as 'waiting'...

Or you could take the cosmological view. Einstein said that time plays tricks with us. Modern theoretical physics appears to be showing that past, present, and future are all simultaneously occurring. Every event from the birth to the death of the universe is happening right now, depending on the observers point of view.

That means all of us are already happily rocking out with V10!

I know everybody is only excited for the new firmware, and that's why they're clammoring for it and asking over and over about when it's coming, but at the same time, the seeming lack of perspective always amazes me. It's like entitlement takes over and people forget they already have access to the best modeler ever built, designed around a business model that incorporates free firmware upgrades for the life of the product in an industry otherwise built to milk every penny from the customer at every opportunity, or worse, to churn and burn out product while never fully developing any of them to their potential.

I would encourage everybody here to take inventory on the amazing tools you already have at your disposal right now, today, and compare that to what was available even just a few years ago before you start demanding the even-more-latest-and-greatest for free for no other reason than that you've now been made aware of its existence, from a person who's doing it simply to add value to an already stellar product.

That said, I'll be calling in sick when v10 comes out, whenever that date may be, tomorrow or another month from now, and I'll have a blast. Lets not reward Cliff's free upgrade model (that he doesn't have to follow through with) with constant whining because baby hasn't got his bottle yet. Lets instead positively encourage the guy who, for a lot of us, single handedly changed the electric guitar forever to make the most kick ass firmware ever, which will be done when it's done, and let's be happy that it's coming out at all when it doesn't have to, for free.

Last edited:
Well,i am ready.

Are you guys ready ?? haha

..are you ??

I think tonight is a good GOOD night

I'm so ready if I were close to FAS office, I'd stand in front with a can of gas over my head in one hand and a match in the other till they opened a window and hit me in the head with a brick that had V10 and AE 2.0 hard copy attached! Lol

Back
Top Bottom