FW 1.06 Vox AC TB - comparison Justin York/Free cab for U2 sound

Hubi

Experienced
There were a lot of information here the last days about building a U2-sound and so I tried it again.

SDD-Preamp, Deluxe Mind in front of the amp, Cabs with SM 58. I added a Pitch-Detune and Reverb after the Cab. I haven´t got a realistic Strat for The Edge sounds (no Maple neck, additional Blues PU), but it sounds and feels really good.

First the Justin York York with SM 58 on cloth (don´t know what it means)

The great free 1965 Blue Bulldogs SM 58 E 609
I think it´s got more "chime", the Versions with only SM 58 (5 and 8) sound similar to the Justin York.

I'm typing from the phone so haven't heard the clips yet, but just for information, the beta58 has come into play only in the last 10 years, so If you're going for an earlier tone you'd be better off with the 57

they both sound good I think the York is a lil fuller perhaps , the 58 free is a little more bright and chi my .the combo of both could be really cool too

I´m very happy with the 58 -sound, so I won´t mix it.
I have forgotten to record it with the 1965 Blue Bulldog 58 - this sounds also very good. But the Justin York is my favourite.

It´s not only the fuller Sound, the response of the Cab is much better for such delaysounds.

Very cool clip, Hubi! I really like the dynamics in your playing. I read your original post and just wanted to clarify what "ON CLOTH" means regarding the IR name. Basically, we found an image of Edge's AC30 with a 58 buried into the grille cloth. Kevin counted the diamonds on Edge's grille cloth to get the same mic placement on my amp. He shot an IR of the 58 placed on the grille cloth (58 ON CLOTH) and then shot an IR of the 58 pushed into the grille cloth (58 IN CLOTH) like what we had seen in Edge's photo. I thought they turned out great! I'm glad you're liking them too. :)

This thread is yours, so I'll step out and let you all discuss. I just wanted to share that little piece of info with you. Have a good one!

Thank you very much, Justin! That´s a very interesting piece of Information in the The Edge - Universum!

Back
Top Bottom