Fuzz Pedal Block for Early 80's style Sabbath Tone?

stm113

Power User
Does anyone have a preset where they use a fuzz pedal to get some early 80's style Tony Iommi tones? I am working on a project that is very Heaven & Hell era sounding, I am using the Powerball model and it works well, but I want some variations on the tone and would like to try using a fuzz pedal on some of the songs but I am not having luck. Usually the tones end up too spitty or just nasty in an unpleasant way.

Also does anyone have tips for the main rhythm tone for Black Dog by Zepplin? I think that would be a cool tone to add to the sonic pallet especially for some of the overdubs. Thanks all!

Although I don't use fuzz much (maybe an EJ lead tone), I can tell you that Tony's fuzz tone was somewhat spitty/fizzy.

Maybe not to the extent the Powerball model might, but you might be able to use the "thumb pin" feature in the upper right corner of your open drive block window to sample each of the various fuzzes, and see which one suits you.

Once you've selected the one you want, simply click the thumb pin again and the window will close. The purpose of the thumb pin is to keep the block window open while you sample.

Back
Top Bottom