Fusiony Holdsworth-style Lead sound

AdamAntium

I've had my Axe FX II XL now for a few days and felt like making a fusion sound today to mess around with (with my very infantile understanding of the software). Here's what I've come up with so far!

The first minute is the sound by itself. Everything after the first minute is sorta how it fits in a mix. Sorta.

Preset available here:

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=2607

Thanks!

Attachments

• AdamHoldsworth1.0.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Wow, excellent playing dude! Love the tone as well! Thanks for sharing the patch, can't wait to upload it on my XL tonight. Which cab did you use?

Can you share a Axe FX II format or write down amp settings?

I would be happy to. I'm not sure how to save it as an Axe FX II preset from here, but here are some screenshots. I also turned down the amp sag in the dynamics section, as well as messed with the EQ.

The closest reference to this sound is when I saw Allan during a tour back in 2005 or 2006 and he was using Mark IV's at the time.

axefx1.JPGaxefx2.JPGaxefx3.JPGaxefx4.JPGaxefx5.JPG

Wow, excellent playing dude! Love the tone as well! Thanks for sharing the patch, can't wait to upload it on my XL tonight. Which cab did you use?

I used the Recto Ultrares Mix and New Mix panned left and right, and with different microphones. I had a hard time fine-tuning the cabs and may actually experiment with different setups later on.

One thing to note is that Allan uses his bridge pickup with no tone knob rollback, so I set it up with that in mind.

I used the Recto Ultrares Mix and New Mix panned left and right, and with different microphones. I had a hard time fine-tuning the cabs and may actually experiment with different setups later on.

One thing to note is that Allan uses his bridge pickup with no tone knob rollback, so I set it up with that in mind.

You mean with the tone knob rolled all the way back? Or do you mean with it all the way on? When I play fusion type of stuff, I always roll my tone knob back a good bit. Either way, your patch and playing sound great! :encouragement:

Nice! I like both tone and playing. It's a bit more "in your face" than Allan's sound to me... Less ambience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You mean with the tone knob rolled all the way back? Or do you mean with it all the way on? When I play fusion type of stuff, I always roll my tone knob back a good bit. Either way, your patch and playing sound great! :encouragement:

Allan's main guitar for years actually was a bridge pickup and a volume knob. So ideally, you want the sound to be as if the tone knob isn't rolling off any of the high end (ie, all the way up)

Nice! I like both tone and playing. It's a bit more "in your face" than Allan's sound to me... Less ambience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I definitely think that I will come up with better sounds as I reference his live recordings a bit more, and I learn more about the Axe FX and how to use the software.

Ah got ya. Thanks for clarifying. I guess my use of the tone knob rolling back is due to usually having brighter patches to fit the bill with being able to roll back the volume/tone to change it up for different styles and tones when I use to play live with tube amps lol. Now that I'm stationed in a bedroom full time to jam and have the axe, I sometimes forget I can make hundreds of different patches :lol

Back
Top Bottom