Funny gig short story

warlockII

Fractal Fanatic
We had a gig last night at a local bar where the soundman is a fellow guitar player. After the show he came up on stage and caressed my Axe-fx.
Sorry I can't weave a story like many forumites, but this cracked me up and I needed to share it.

On a side note, this was the first time that all three of us ran in-ears. The soundman was jazzed to have zero monitor noise on stage. We were jazzed because we could hear everything all night long. I'll plug the G3 Sennheiser as it gives pretty dang close to the accuracy of my atomic CLR.

Sound men should love the Axe Fx almost as much as guitarists. That one apparently did!

I'm trying to get my band aboard the in-ear train. It'd be a lot less heavy stuff to carry as well.

You tell him next time, he needs to buy it dinner and a movie first. Or at least get it a drink and socializing before he goes for the grope.

My first experience was similar. The sound engineer came up and said "Finally you have clarity. I had no problem getting you out front in the mix. What changed?"
I purchased quality in ears 4 times. First 3 times, I used one in ear and left the other out, because I could never get used to 0 ambient stage noise. Then I discovered a beyerdynamic Classis BM 32 E mic. Now I only use in ears, (both in), and mix that mic with my second channel on my in ear pre amp. I can adjust just how much stage clutter I want in my mix. I never looked back.

My first experience was similar. The sound engineer came up and said "Finally you have clarity. I had no problem getting you out front in the mix. What changed?"
I purchased quality in ears 4 times. First 3 times, I used one in ear and left the other out, because I could never get used to 0 ambient stage noise. Then I discovered a beyerdynamic Classis BM 32 E mic. Now I only use in ears, (both in), and mix that mic with my second channel on my in ear pre amp. I can adjust just how much stage clutter I want in my mix. I never looked back.

Interesting idea. Where do you put the mic?

Back
Top Bottom