Funk/Rock song with some shred (and vocals) :)

JohnIce

This is my first mixing attempt for the song "Kitty with Her finger on the Trigger" from my band's first EP :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=8859248

The mix is jam-packed, and getting everything to sit well has been a real challenge. I'm still not entirely satisfied with the slap bass and the congas... any ideas(opinions/suggestions? I have no experience with tweaking bass tones, so any input is appreciated :)

The guitar is my custom Warmoth Soloist into the Plexi model for the rhythm and the Mk IIC+ for the lead.

Enjoy!

Starts off nicely, but then it quickly seems like all of you want to fill as much sonic space as possible. And because things aren't played that tight, they get in the way of other instruments. Especially in the chorus where there's also a lot of vocals / words. IMHO the song would benefit from less cymbals, and much less strumming/rifs/variations on the guitar... Omitting notes is often much better than trying to fill everything up. So I would re-edit the parts, and only then start mixing.

Maybe so... hadn't looked at it that way. We won't be able to re-record anything without major hassles now, so we'll leave that for later if we end up re-recording all the songs. I uploaded another mix though, which in my opinion sounds a lot better, maybe it helped? :) Cheers for the comment, either way!

Back
Top Bottom