Funk Rock "modern" bands ...

openmind

Inspired
Hey people ... so I recently started a band, and we re doing our own stuff but we re doing some covers as well. We re from Spain and here is difficult to get some cool music. So, in this forum there s plenty of info and good musicians so, can u recommend some nice funck rock bands ? We re doing some Screaming Headless Torsos, Aquarium Resque Unit or some Phat Phunktion, so, we it has to be music with a singer !!! LETS GO !!!!! thx for the help !!1

OUTSTANDING!

Love the vibe. Some great players right there! If that's the type of music you're aiming for it's guaranteed to pack the floor and keep 'em coming back.

Lot's of energy. Good luck!

Ole Borud has a few gems:
Backyard Party: Backyard party - Ole Børud - YouTube | Ole Børud - Backyard Party - City Lights - Fasching - 2013-05-31 - YouTube
Spreading The News: Ole Börud - Spreading The News - Live 2009 - YouTube

I LOVE The Brand New Heavies albums "Brother Sister" and "Shelter", but it's less rock and more like Incognito.
Some you may know: "You are the Universe", "Midnight at the Oasis"

I also have a weak bone for the Dutch "Lois Lane" when they were at their best in the 90ies.
Obsession Lois Lane from Holland, LIVE ! - Obsession - YouTube
Sex (written for them by Prince) Lois Lane from Holland, LIVE ! - Sex - YouTube
But I would recommend the Live At The Arena CD versions though.
I don't think I ever saw a more funky swinging concert than theirs.
Guitar player Arnold Van Dongen plays awesome LA / Lukather style sounds & solos too.

Mezzo Forte (instr.), Shakatak, Candy Dulfer, Tower of Power, Jamiroquai, ...
But you have to search a bit for the rock element in most of those, I guess...

Last edited:
Great band! I love this kind of music!
Here's a few I can think of:

Kung Fu

Dumpstaphunk

Lettuce

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom