FM9 Funk guitar action

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic

Fm9 in all its funky clean glory.
I was experimenting with some digital routing options to my UAD Apollo x8 interface .
So the signal chain is as follows: Guitar -> Apollo analog in-> Apollo spdif out to FM9 -> Fm9 spdif out to Apollo.
Having this then i can choose in the Apollo console app if i want a dry signal or if i want to send it to FM9 and hear processed sound. So this way i have one input on the Apollo dedicated to all my guitars: i use direct dry sound for bass and acoustics and FM9 for electrics.

enjoy and tap your foot !

Funk guitar playing often involves a combination of techniques and rhythmic patterns that create a distinctive sound.

Use a clean tone: A clean, bright tone with plenty of high-end can help to accentuate the percussive and rhythmic elements of funk guitar playing. Avoid using distortion or heavy effects, as these can muddy the sound.

Play tight and precise: Funk guitar playing often involves tight, precise rhythms with staccato accents. Practice playing short, sharp notes and strumming with a consistent and even rhythm.

Use muted notes and chords: Muted notes and chords, played with a palm muting technique, can create a percussive sound that is characteristic of funk guitar playing. Experiment with different levels of muting to achieve the desired effect.

Incorporate syncopation: Funk rhythms often incorporate syncopated patterns, where the accents fall on off-beats or unexpected parts of the measure. Practice playing with syncopation to create interesting and dynamic rhythms.

Play with a groove: Groove is an essential element of funk guitar playing, and it can be achieved by playing with a relaxed and natural feel. Experiment with different tempos and rhythmic feels to find a groove that feels good to you.
Funny how AI responses seem so obvious now, just a few weeks in (for me at least).

Nice Playing Paulius!

Back
Top Bottom