Fun with the Axe FX Looper

Horganovski

Experienced
My favorite part of music is improvising, thinking on your feet and reacting to all that happens, good and bad. Currently I'm exploring some approaches for 'live' performances with the Axe FX looper and really enjoying the much greater flexibility and fidelity it has over a looper into a regular guitar amp.

I do the same type of thing all the time! Great way to hone the improv chops:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks and yeah, it's a great for trying out ideas. I love that with the Axe FX one you can put the looper block after the amp, so you can switch clean/distortion patches and the looper still plays what you recorded in unaffected by that.

Exactly! I used my Boss RC-20 as the last loop in my old GCX switcher for the same effect in my old rig to accomplish the same thing... But this is much nicer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I have a RC-20 too but it's always been underused as I felt it took something out of the tone when in the signal chain, so a lot of the time I didn't hook it up. I guess I could have used a loop switcher to bring it in and out but didn't take the time to set that up.

I agree... Until I had the GCX I would only hook it up when I had a need, definitely affects the tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, with the Axe I've added looper blocks to pretty much all of the patches I use for general playing so it's always ready to go when inspiration strikes, and it doesn't impact the tone at all. The wonders of digital :)

Back
Top Bottom