Fun Thought: Avg Cost/Amp?

H3O2

Experienced
Anyone ever calculate the what cost per amp is in the AxeFx? Silly question maybe since the bar is so high on modelers.

The Dumble models being even 99% accurate are enough to save you from selling a house to buy one, when they rarely pop up... which Fractal Audio already bought for you

I bought an OR80 Graphic in 1972 used for $150. Hated it. So clean and I was trying to play Zep and such. Ran pedals and it sounded like crapola. LOL

OP didn't ask the total cost, he asked average. So $2100/200 (approx # of physical amps, not multiple channels) = $10.50 per amp.

In the FM3, that would be about $5.00.

Not bad.

OP didn't ask the total cost, he asked average. So $2100/200 (approx # of physical amps, not multiple channels) = $10.50 per amp.

In the FM3, that would be about $5.00.

Not bad.
Thanks Jeff. Hmm... that could be a new marketing angle, if it hasn't already been used with modelers yet. :laughing:

10 bucks per amp is insanely good. I probably only 20-25 at most frequently, but even then, think of all the money you have saved without even taking into account studio quality effects and stomp boxes with almost infinite routing.

Given a lot of the pedal boards I've seen lots of us are probably ahead just counting the pedals we don't buy anymore.

Back
Top Bottom