Full metalsong, mixed with vocals. FAS Modern patch. V9.01. OwnHammer beta cab

erockomania

Experienced

Hi there, check out this track! :)

Live drums with sample reinforcement (Supersonic and Slate)
AxeFx2 V9.01 FAS Modern Patch (OwnHammer beta IRs)
Bogner Uberschall live mic'd for chorus reinforcement
Fender P-Bass with Homewrecker Pickups into A-Designs REDDI DI
Custom Warmoth strat with Homewrecker high output passive pickups

Last edited:
Oh man, GREAT sounding guitar and the whole thing kicks. Can you give some insight on how you get the recorded guitars to sound so huge? What plugins, etc. Awesome all the way around.

Thanks guys!

Normally I don't do much processing at all to the FAS but I wanted a bit more thump and punch on this track so I ran it into the UBK (modded Empircal Labs) FATSO, added a touch of compression, trafo on, and a hint of HF saturation, then added 2db of 100hz from the Electrodyne 511 EQ. From there I simply put one instance of the Slate VCC (Neve) on each track and bussed them to my guitar buss where the Slate VTM resides. Warmed up the guitars a bit there and then added a bit of spread with the brainworx ShredSpread (120% setting, everything else off). While that may sound like a lot, I really just used a hint of each... mainly for the transformers/ additional girth.

Thanks for listening!

Thanks for the reply. Thats some serious stuff you have. The track sounds great...I'll have to check out some of the plug ins. Thanks for sharing.

That blew my mindhole! What ever you're selling i'm buying, dude! AMAZING! I'd buy the shit out of a whole album of that! Better then most of the songs off of most of the albums i've bought in the last 5 years. \m/

This chain was a peluso 22-251 into a Burl B1 into an ADesigns Ventura into a mohog 1176. Further compression in the box by Softube fet. Waves de-esser touch the vocals as well.

Thanks man! Ya, the Warmoth is definitely a tone machine. Custom wound Homewrecker pickups, hollow black korina body, flame top, Brazilian rosewood on flame maple neck.

Holy hell! That sounds great. Really good stuff. Really like that there is singing in there and not just cookie monster crap.

Back
Top Bottom