FULL DEMO, instr. progressive metal (8-string + Axe Fx II). Feedback appreciated!

kengtin

Hi folks,

This is the first full demo for my project, the song is called "Reinvention". Any kind constructive criticism is encouraged and appreciated.

Tech stuff:

- All the guitars are Axe Fx II produced (based mainly on 5153 and Uberschall, v7.0)
- EZDrummer
- Cubase 7

Thanks everyone
Sergio

Mix seems a bit messy at first glance. Bass is not sitting in or is it the guitar. It's hard to tell these days with all these 8 string guitars.

Pretty awesome chops. If I had to critique just the guitar tone, I'd say at some points, it sounds a tad fizzy. You may want to bring the gain down a bit for the rhythms. Also, try taking some mids out of the bass to help it sit a bit better with the guitars. Hope that helps!

Pretty awesome chops. If I had to critique just the guitar tone, I'd say at some points, it sounds a tad fizzy. You may want to bring the gain down a bit for the rhythms. Also, try taking some mids out of the bass to help it sit a bit better with the guitars. Hope that helps!

Good points, I agree with having too much gain, I decided not to re-record them (yes, I didn't set myself up for reamping) because I decided to spend more time on different subjects. Mixing the damn bass was one the most difficult things, it sounds so different through different speakers; without much effort it was either fighting with the kick drum or with the guitars.

Thanks a lot though,
Sergio

Back
Top Bottom