Fs-7 alternatives to switch presets

I’m going to use two FS-5U pedals for bank up/down. I’ll set the bank size to three and use the main FM3 switches to choose the preset. I’ll use layout links to automatically switch me to scenes after a preset is selected. I’ll also configure hold functions for all switches and the two FS-5U switches to change views, pages, tuner, etc. I don’t have an FM3 yet, just ordered, but that’s what I’m thinking.

Last edited:
Yeah, I wanted to keep the size down. I already had the FS-5U switches so I’ll try that first. If that doesn’t work out, I have an FC6 but I really don’t want to use that with the FM3. The two together with an expression pedal are too wide for my pedaltrain.

If you are looking for something small and cheap, I picked up a couple of these and they work great. Use them as "stand-in switches" for changing presets (or anything else you want to do). I've not used them with my FM3 yet, but they work when attached to my FC-6 when using it with my Axe Fx III. Pretty sure they would work exactly the same.

Amazon product ASIN B07GV72FF8

Yeah, I wanted to keep the size down. I already had the FS-5U switches so I’ll try that first. If that doesn’t work out, I have an FC6 but I really don’t want to use that with the FM3. The two together with an expression pedal are too wide for my pedaltrain.
Good idea's. I have a multitude of those Boss switches, singles mainly, just 1 double. Don't have an FM3 yet , but I use to use them with my various versions of the AXefx made over I have owned over the years. Don't need them with my AX8. But I am lookong forward to the FM3...........
I like your ideas in post #2.

I’ve been giving it a lot of thought and trying out different scenarios with the FC6. Whether I keep the FM3 or not depends on whether I can make three switches and two stand-in switches work for me. I’ll have to rely on scenes more than I do with the AxeIII/FC6 but I think I can come up with a scheme that works with the views function.

I love what views has added with the FC6 and was able to expand some of the ways I use it. The problem is that I’m already relying on the expanded functionality with views on the FC6 and I know I’ll miss it with the FM3. Ultimately, I guess I could get the wider pedaltrain and use both together. Assuming FAS is still able to ship this week, I’ll be getting my FM3 in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom