Fryette Powerstation as a Loadbox Help

Ok Thanks GuitarGuy,

I used to run my rig thru the FX channel. i have A/B'd the two channels, and i think i can only hear a significant volume increase, not necessarily any improvement to my tone. The extra "punch" could just be attributable to the perceived increase in volume?

Guitar -> Axe-Fx 3 IN1 -> pre-fx blocks -> OUT3 -> Amp front input
Amp speaker out -> Fryette Amp in
Fryette XLR out -> Axe-Fx 3 IN2 or IN3 -> post-fx blocks -> OUT1 -> studio monitors

That's about it.
Have done it exactly this way many times, with CAB blocks, and many different heads. All good!

Here's how I run things:
Rotti_1.png

This is what's going on:
Rotti_2.png

...and I'm running a Turbo near max capacity. I've attached a version where most of the effects are replaced with shunts (DSP usage <50%). The routing remains the same. Turn on-off out3/in4, send1/return1, out4/in2, send2/return2, and out1/in3 (external pedal only) depending on what you want to accomplish.
Out4 is going to a tube PA (in my case) and requires a load.
Out2 is intended for FOH.

Please note I've got a ton of different modifiers, control switches and whatnot going on that probably isn't relevant to your setup or needs to be altered to suit your switching needs. I didn't remove or change anything in the attached version, so it probably makes zero sense as-is.

Attachments

• Rotti_3.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
Here's how I run things:
View attachment 117812

This is what's going on:
View attachment 117813

...and I'm running a Turbo near max capacity. I've attached a version where most of the effects are replaced with shunts (DSP usage <50%). The routing remains the same. Turn on-off out3/in4, send1/return1, out4/in2, send2/return2, and out1/in3 (external pedal only) depending on what you want to accomplish.
Out4 is going to a tube PA (in my case) and requires a load.
Out2 is intended for FOH.

Please note I've got a ton of different modifiers, control switches and whatnot going on that probably isn't relevant to your setup or needs to be altered to suit your switching needs. I didn't remove or change anything in the attached version, so it probably makes zero sense as-is.
When you use all those outputs to external devices, the volume knobs on the front have to be all the way turned up right?

When you use all those outputs to external devices, the volume knobs on the front have to be all the way turned up right?
Probably easiest to think about each output as an attenuation of what it hits next. All the way up = 0 attenuation, near unity gain (for my outboard gear. YMMV).
Out 3 --> preamp
Out 1 --> pedal (reverb in my case)
Out 4 --> poweramp
Out 2 --> direct/FoH

I typically run them all fully on, but if I want to use my 100w fire breather in the middle of the night I have the option to starve the poweramp by turning down Out 4. Yes, that has a tonal impact on the tube poweramp (and there are better options to achieve a similar outcome in my rig, but for example's sake).

Back
Top Bottom