Fryette D60

Genome

Inspired
Hi all,

I am loving the Fryette Deliverance in the Axe at the moment, is it just me or is this sim really underrated on these boards? I don't really see many talking about it. The D60 M is really nice and smooth for hi-gain, prog metal especially.

Kudos!

Edit: While on the subject, I was wondering if Cliff or someone else could tell me if the Axe's "Input Drive" works in the same way as Gain I's "Voicing" feature on the real amp?

Last edited:

Oh, brilliant - so it's essentially exactly the same. Do other amps like the Mesa Mark's have this effect (in the real amps), otherwise it would seem a bit strange to model them both on the Deliverance if other Input Drive/Overdrive models don't normally react in the same way?

I ask as I had a bit of trouble with the Mark IV model dialing in the correct gain structure in 10.12, it never felt quite right.

Shrug. I love the SLO Rhythm sounds, but I don't really care if anyone else does. I'm not sure of the relevance of "underrated" here.

I am really liking the D60 since the overdrive control was added. But if you wanna talk underrated, I gotta go with the Carvin Legacy model.

Oh, brilliant - so it's essentially exactly the same. Do other amps like the Mesa Mark's have this effect (in the real amps), otherwise it would seem a bit strange to model them both on the Deliverance if other Input Drive/Overdrive models don't normally react in the same way?

I ask as I had a bit of trouble with the Mark IV model dialing in the correct gain structure in 10.12, it never felt quite right.

All the amps that have 2 gains now have this feature and the all benift from it accordingly. I started messing with trip modern after the feature was added and I am very happy with it

This thread and 2 posts in particular are interesting to me becauee the D60 and the Legacy are the two "gain" amps that always seem lifeless and one dimensional to me. Makes me think that either I haven't spent enough time getting to know them or that the new updates have brought them to life. Either way time for some QT with them both.

Anyone have any suggestions on either?

The Legacy is one of my favorite. (Its my Legacy sitting up in NH that they are using to model fwiw so I know the real amp well.)

The Leg is not a modern chugging, high gainer, its Bogner like in outlook but not a Bog clone. The EQ responds very differently as the mods have talked about in other posts. That is really the key with that amp, play with the EQ and to find the sweet spot for your rig. It doesn't have 1,000 good settings, it has probably two or three, but those are stellar and respond to input / volume adjustments very nicely. A great amp for live use for that reason IMHO.

Its all about the thick syrupy mids and balancing the highs and lows to match for me. That patch just sings even without FX or post processing. I usually use a v30 cab to modernize it or a GBack to give it a looser, vintage feel and sound.
Blends of the two in stereo are also awesome if your rig supports it. I would do the GB dry and run any FX after the v30... but that just me personally.

That d60 is my main amp tone and has been for over a year now. It just works for my ears.

Last edited:
I am loving the Fryette Deliverance in the Axe at the moment, is it just me or is this sim really underrated on these boards?

I agree with you, though perhaps "not discussed much" would be a better description than "underrated".

This thread and 2 posts in particular are interesting to me becauee the D60 and the Legacy are the two "gain" amps that always seem lifeless and one dimensional to me. Makes me think that either I haven't spent enough time getting to know them or that the new updates have brought them to life. Either way time for some QT with them both.

Anyone have any suggestions on either?
I know what you mean - a first audition via, say, headphones, spinning through the myriad of amp models, it doesn't leap out in the same way that other, seemingly more popular models do. My opinion is that one of the reasons that it doesn't get talked about much here (or is overlooked) is that its true qualities have to be appreciated playing at band volume. Sounds fantastic through my CLRs - very alive, dynamic and plenty of gain for my needs. Amazingly, I have found that this model has made a good substitute for the real Dual Rec I was using live until recently. Loving it!

Back
Top Bottom