Fryette D60 More - first recording/Toontrack Metal God 2013 contest

Great playing, awesome guitar and kick ass plaid pants!!!!

How do you feel about the Fryette? I have never played through one of theirs (or VHT) its one of thr 2 models in the Axe thay I just cant ever get to do anything for me. For you is it realistic at all compared to your real world experience?

Thanks, man! And hey... nothin' makes me wanna jam like jammies.

I own a VHT Pittbull (G-50CL w/EQ) and it's one of the most amazing amps I've ever come across. The Deliverance is a slightly different animal, but I jumped to it in the Axe because I love my Pittbull's tone. I went deep into the settings and tweaked a lot of stuff to get it to where I want, but I can't really compare the model to the real thing as I only played on a D 60 once at Guitar Center. I feel like I can get a similar character out of it that I can with my Pitt, but a significant part of my analog tone is from the Fat Bottom cab with Eminence P-50-E's. That cab is not (yet) in the Axe, so what you hear in this clip is the 4x12 German Boutique with an R121.

It would sound best if you recorded the audio separate and then synced them. Sounds pretty good, nice exclusively legato work in there. It's got a little too much soul for that music, though. It's a little too rhythmically 'straight-laced' for it, too.

I like the actual solo quite a bit. I like "soul" in solos for EVERY style of music. I don't feel the same way about the tone though. Which is not to say it sounds bad but, why not try rerecording a few takes with different amp models? You may find that another one fits within the music more.

Back
Top Bottom