Frusciante MoogerFooger Help

Davus PG

Inspired
Any pointers greatly appreciated in
terms of where to start.

It's for a cover of Dani California and is for the verse fills.

I also need to emulate the murf (I believe) after the first chorus.

From watching a YouTube video I know it's to do with high & low pass filters, but am a total noobie when it comes to those so any advice anyone can offer in terms of where to start, best position in the chain etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

IMHO there's just wah, or at least wah does the job. The harmonics of the last part are a bit complex somehow and I had to customize them to get out of the box. Tonight I'll post a patch on axechange I use for it, doublin' the chorus on the looper. BTW, as I didn't care about programming the scale all the way...it will only work on the original version's 3 notes he's hitting...

(The original solo was done with tape overdubbing at different speeds....)

It's defo filters as the man himself says. I agree wah or autowah would get the job done, but if I could get as close as possible it'd be nice.

End of the song is fine, it's those bits in the verses I'd like to nail.

IMHO there's just wah, or at least wah does the job. The harmonics of the last part are a bit complex somehow and I had to customize them to get out of the box. Tonight I'll post a patch on axechange I use for it, doublin' the chorus on the looper. BTW, as I didn't care about programming the scale all the way...it will only work on the original version's 3 notes he's hitting...

(The original solo was done with tape overdubbing at different speeds....)

Would be much appreciated if you could still post this! :)

Would be much appreciated if you could still post this! :)
Sorry, forgot about this. The point is the custom scales, you can't view them on AxeEdit, only on the Axe Fx screen so I replicated the parametering here under.

The song needs to be played in Am

I use two custom scales in block PITCH1 for the first part (Scene 3 both on A root)

7 : A5/A#4/B3/C3/C#3/D5/E5/3Eb5/F4/F#3/G5/Ab3
8 : A-4/A#-5/B-4/C-4/C#-5/D-3/E5-3/Eb-3/F-5/F#-6/G-3/Ab-4

Then another two scales in block PITCH2 that's added for the second part (Scene 4, both on A root)

9 : A-4/A#-4/B-5/C-4/C#-3/D-5/E5-4/Eb-3/F7/F#-5/G9/Ab-4
10 : A8/A#7/B7/C9/C#8/D7/E8/E9/F7/F8/G0/Ab8

The notes you play for both scenes 3 & 4 are F/G/A (Please : single notes)

As written before, I did not take care about the other notes of the scale, so better not play them...I guess there's a more economic way to handle the subject regarding use of scales..but as I only use custom scales for this song I stopped here.

The patch is put up here :

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5271

I'm a little late to the party, but thats the story of my life.

try this:
Filter
lowpass
Q=5, 4th order
frequency modifier:
min 75hz, max 3000hz, damping 50 ms
scale 2.971 and offset 43.7% (but these need to be tuned based on the dynamic range of your guitar)

I just play it with wah. Sounds pretty good, people dance, band gets paid.

I value simplicity, or maybe I'm just simple.

Back
Top Bottom