Frozen Sun Audio website is LIVE!

JakeAC5253

Man was this a fun project. Check it out!

Frozen Sun Audio | Professional guitar tone Reamping, Custom IRs, Premium IR packs, Mixing services and more…

All you IR owners out there, bookmark the site because we will be talking about new IR packs and existing IR pack updates on the site. Also if you haven't sent us your emails yet, please do so, because we need to log them in order to send you IR updates in the future. No spam, we wouldn't do that, just product updates, like 1.0 1.1 1.2... that sort of thing.

Yeeeeeeah. Fancy names aside, if I'm gonna fork over $25 for an IR pack, they need to at least list the included IRs.

I think fork over applies seeing as you're not telling anyone what they're getting other than your vague description of how you think they sound. No speaker models, cab models, signal chain.... not even the number of IRs. I'll spend far more for a high quality cable, but I know what cable I'm buying. That's great you came up with cool sounding names and "metal" looking pictures..... what are you selling?

Easy on the accusations, we haven't given anyone reason to doubt our intentions.

We sell tones, not IRs. I don't think it matters how many IRs come in a pack personally, you'll find more actual guitar tones in one of our packs than thumbing through hundreds of IRs anywhere else. That's just our approach to tones. Everything you need to know is either already written on the site or has already been answered here:

Introducing two new IR packs, massive IR shootout, AND a surprise! - Ultimate Metal Forum

Everything there is correct except the number of IRs has been effectively doubled since the Vintage expansion.

Hi guys,

I came across these IRs over on the Ultimate Metal Forum a few weeks back. I emailed Jake to strike up a conversation about whether or not he thought that these IRs would work for me. Each pack contains a handful of IRs and it's definitely a case of quality over quantity. The reason that I spoke to Jake before purchasing was that the clips I had heard, although great, we all quite metal based and although I love metal I mainly play Rock/Heavy Rock so I wanted to be user that I wasn't wasting my cash. In the end I forked out for both of the Splawn Cabs and couldn't be happier with them. They have a great quality to them and they really feel like a recorded cab. The only way that I can quantify how good they were for me was that once loaded up I stopped tweaking my AxeFX and started playing, something that I hadn't done since I purchased my KPA at the start of last year. This is not a tone thing for me it's a feel thing and with v9 on the AxeFX and these cabs I'm getting a feel that was missing to me before that. I've played more guitar over the last three weeks that I have over the last 6 months.

In my experience Jake is a cool guy and if you have any questions then he will surely hook you up.

I recorded a VERY quick clip last night with my Axe and these IRs so you can hear where I'm going with them. There is some EQ going on in the patch but nothing outside that, the verb and delay are axefx.

Let me know what you think?

Cheers

Spence

Those sound pretty good, I like the AC30 clip though it had more of a Marshall flavor to it but it sounded really juicy.

Cerberus Pack:
The Greek guardian of the underworld, and Hades’ personal watchdog. With its three heads, it allowed dead spirits into the underworld, while allowing none to get out. It is said that each of its heads sees either the Past, Present, or Future. It fits this pack because it has a certain ‘barking’ quality when playing chords.

Seriously? WTF does that mean?

Seriously.... Why the hostility in this thread? I purchased Jake's impulses and even though I have yet to use them due to having no Axe Edit available to us, they sound phenomenal. Do you guys really think everything should be free?

Jake has been a great guy to me, and he just sent a link with new impulses for me to try. Show some respect people!

These look really cool Jake!

Thanks for posting in this forum and I hope to be able to check these out!

My current project does not involve the AxeFx, but I've bookmarked your site and hope to get some time to audition these.

Richard

If someone is selling something, they should let the buyer know exactly what they're getting. It's pretty basic. I'm sure Jake is a good guy, but when someone with a brand new account comes on here to promote a product with very little information, skepticism is an appropriate response.

Seriously.... Why the hostility in this thread? I purchased Jake's impulses and even though I have yet to use them due to having no Axe Edit available to us, they sound phenomenal. Do you guys really think everything should be free?

Jake has been a great guy to me, and he just sent a link with new impulses for me to try. Show some respect people!

I'm not hostile at all. And I don't think things should be free. But if someone wants my money I want to have some meaningful information about what it is. Simply put, those descriptions are silly. Even that would be fine if they were followed by meaningful details.

Cerberus Pack:

Seriously? WTF does that mean?

It means exactly what you make of it. It's an artistic description of something artistic... should I describe it using numbers and precise measurements? How does "Mesa" "Splawn" or "SM57" tell you anything about how it sounds?

I've never been a fan of posting gear details, because as soon as you start listing brand names, peoples' ears change because they already have preconceptions about how certain pieces of gear sound and it boxes them up and paralyzes them. You don't cause a revolution by doing everything your predecessors did. Even with the gear listed, my so-called "generic" Mesa V30 SM57 tones and IRs still sound way different than everyone elses' using the same gear, and I don't want people to think that my results are the same as they can get from anywhere else because that is again, the wrong assumption. This is one of the things that's choking the audio industry today, and something that my work intends to change. People don't get excited about IRs yet, and that's never made sense to me either, because an IR has so much potential. I've tried every IR under the sun and they don't meet that and that's why I began making my own, the difference is that I've arrived at that point where they are meeting potential. I want people to feel excited to get new IRs, and this is how you do that, once you try an IR pack of mine you will immediately see everything I'm talking about.

Yes I have the really top end gear and I am going to continue to buy more top end gear, but I don't feel that I should have to wave brand names in peoples' faces to make business, that's the entirely wrong approach, the results should be enough. The descriptions on the site are vague yes, but effectively so. If anyone has any questions about what pack would fit them and their musical style best, they can email me just like xpenno did before he made his sale. I have utmost confidence in the knowledge of my gear and product line, and I would not steer anyone to buy something they would not like. My IRs come with lifetime support and lifetime free updates, and thanks to the new Vintage expansion to the original Modern voiced IRs, one single pack can fit literally every amp/amp sim in production and retain its inherent "attitude."

I've said what needs to be said... the testimonials are all very real and unprovoked, and I've never once gotten a poor review or have someone say they didn't think their money was well spent. If anyone has any further questions, they can feel free to email Contact Me

Thanks,
-Jake

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I came across these IRs over on the Ultimate Metal Forum a few weeks back. I emailed Jake to strike up a conversation about whether or not he thought that these IRs would work for me. Each pack contains a handful of IRs and it's definitely a case of quality over quantity. The reason that I spoke to Jake before purchasing was that the clips I had heard, although great, we all quite metal based and although I love metal I mainly play Rock/Heavy Rock so I wanted to be user that I wasn't wasting my cash. In the end I forked out for both of the Splawn Cabs and couldn't be happier with them. They have a great quality to them and they really feel like a recorded cab. The only way that I can quantify how good they were for me was that once loaded up I stopped tweaking my AxeFX and started playing, something that I hadn't done since I purchased my KPA at the start of last year. This is not a tone thing for me it's a feel thing and with v9 on the AxeFX and these cabs I'm getting a feel that was missing to me before that. I've played more guitar over the last three weeks that I have over the last 6 months.

In my experience Jake is a cool guy and if you have any questions then he will surely hook you up.

I recorded a VERY quick clip last night with my Axe and these IRs so you can hear where I'm going with them. There is some EQ going on in the patch but nothing outside that, the verb and delay are axefx.

Let me know what you think?

Cheers

Spence

Sounds fantastic again, thanks for posting a clip! Is this using the new Vintage voiced IRs?

We have many greek restaurants here in Germany. And the names given to the selections here remind me of how they name their plates, dyonisos plate, centaur plate, cerberus plate...oh, not to forget.. zeus plate.
Never thought about why they do it that way...all I can say that you get plenty to eat and great quality.
I love these people.

Okay, railed off, back on the topic: What do I get on my plate when I order?

Edit: I'm slower than others...

I haven't seen any hostility, I think people just want to know for sure what they are getting for $25. Sounds like Jake has some good stuff, the website isn't quite as detailed as what you'd see on the Ownhammer or RedWirez sites so you have to expect some questions.

Cool - thanks for the info - the more selection in this space the better - I'll buy some when AE is out as I've kind of lost track of how to load / Id them in my Axe without AE.

It means exactly what you make of it. It's an artistic description of something artistic... should I describe it using numbers and precise measurements? How does "Mesa" "Splawn" or "SM57" tell you anything about how it sounds?

I've never been a fan of posting gear details, because as soon as you start listing brand names, peoples' ears change because they already have preconceptions about how certain pieces of gear sound and it boxes them up and paralyzes them. You don't cause a revolution by doing everything your predecessors did. Even with the gear listed, my so-called "generic" Mesa V30 SM57 tones and IRs still sound way different than everyone elses' using the same gear, and I don't want people to think that my results are the same as they can get from anywhere else because that is again, the wrong assumption. This is one of the things that's choking the audio industry today, and something that my work intends to change. People don't get excited about IRs yet, and that's never made sense to me either, because an IR has so much potential. I've tried every IR under the sun and they don't meet that and that's why I began making my own, the difference is that I've arrived at that point where they are meeting potential. I want people to feel excited to get new IRs, and this is how you do that, once you try an IR pack of mine you will immediately see everything I'm talking about.

Yes I have the really top end gear and I am going to continue to buy more top end gear, but I don't feel that I should have to wave brand names in peoples' faces to make business, that's the entirely wrong approach, the results should be enough. The descriptions on the site are vague yes, but effectively so. If anyone has any questions about what pack would fit them and their musical style best, they can email me just like xpenno did before he made his sale. I have utmost confidence in the knowledge of my gear and product line, and I would not steer anyone to buy something they would not like. My IRs come with lifetime support and lifetime free updates, and thanks to the new Vintage expansion to the original Modern voiced IRs, one single pack can fit literally every amp/amp sim in production and retain its inherent "attitude."

I've said what needs to be said... the testimonials are all very real and unprovoked, and I've never once gotten a poor review or have someone say they didn't think their money was well spent. If anyone has any further questions, they can feel free to email Support@FrozenSunAudio.com.

Thanks,
-Jake

I don't care if you list gear details. I literally have no idea what a "barking" quality is. Is this IR something I would use in a cabinet block or with a convolution reverb plugin or something entirely different? Is this IR suitable for country? Metal? Classic rock? Fingerstyle jazz? What constitutes a pack? A single IR? Multiple? Documentation with starting points on how to effectively use the IR?

I'm always interested in expanding my options. I'm not afraid to drop $25 on something useful. What you offer may be something I'd enjoy a great deal. But you literally have no information on your web site that gives any indication as to what I might be able to use your IR for.

You're just saying "trust me, I know what I'm doing".

Back
Top Bottom