Front Screen/Panel Vibration

Hi,

I was playing my Axe FX II the other day, which I run into a Matrix GT800FX and then two 1x12 cabs, when I noticed that playing a certain note would cause something in the rack to vibrate, the note could be heard above the volume of the guitar. Upon further inspection I've discovered that the bottom right corner of the Axe's front panel was causing the vibration, as it seems to be quite loose and can be pushed in slightly. Putting a finger on this corner stopped the vibration.

I was wondering what I can do about this? Has anyone had any similar problems? Is it a simple case of tightening a screw or is it something more sinister? I've taken a short video, it's hard to hear the vibration but at least you can see the affected area I'm pressing on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=70aXdYYEglU

Thanks!

Hi,

I was playing my Axe FX II the other day, which I run into a Matrix GT800FX and then two 1x12 cabs, when I noticed that playing a certain note would cause something in the rack to vibrate, the note could be heard above the volume of the guitar. Upon further inspection I've discovered that the bottom right corner of the Axe's front panel was causing the vibration, as it seems to be quite loose and can be pushed in slightly. Putting a finger on this corner stopped the vibration.

I was wondering what I can do about this? Has anyone had any similar problems? Is it a simple case of tightening a screw or is it something more sinister? I've taken a short video, it's hard to hear the vibration but at least you can see the affected area I'm pressing on.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=70aXdYYEglU

Thanks!

One Note Song - Tenacious D - YouTube

Emailed support, received a very quick and informative reply from Matt. Apparently nothing is broken on my Axe and all Axe's are slightly loose in the bottom right corner of the panel, so if anyone else comes across this thread with a similar problem there is no cause for concern!

I'm going to try and alter my setup so that my cab isn't on top of the rack that the Axe is in, hopefully this will reduce the vibration. Thanks for everyone's help!

chinese mfg?
Emailed support, received a very quick and informative reply from Matt. Apparently nothing is broken on my Axe and all Axe's are slightly loose in the bottom right corner of the panel, so if anyone else comes across this thread with a similar problem there is no cause for concern!

I'm going to try and alter my setup so that my cab isn't on top of the rack that the Axe is in, hopefully this will reduce the vibration. Thanks for everyone's help!

Back
Top Bottom