Front / Reat Input, Instrument / Line Level, Wet /Dry Setup with External Pedals

imrecs

Inspired
Read in another thread that if I'm running pedals/buffered signal in front of the Axe FX input, then I can use the rear input 1 as the front input "secret sauce" won't make a difference. However, on the WIKI I read: "Rear Input 1 has the same impedance as the front input (1 Mohm, for guitars) but it operates at LINE level instead of guitar level."

If it's line level, but I am still sending an instrument level input, isn't that an issue? How do I deal with that?

Second, with real amps I've run a Wet/Dry setup...my guitar > drives/mods pedals > split > dry signal to 1 amp / 100% wet signal (delays and reverbs in parallel 100% wet) to a second amp, with a volume pedal to control the balance of the wet amp in relation to dry.

I am wondering if I can use the Axe FX as 2 amps like this; so using one input for my dry signal into an amp/cab block, and using another input for my 100% wet signal into a second amp/cab block, with a volume block to control the level of the wet amp only, and send them both out either the same output for FOH, or out of 2 separate outputs for independent control by FOH or in mixing? Is this possible and if so how would I make all the connections / set up the patch?

You can use the rear input for instrument input. You just need to select the proper input being used and then adjust the input gain in the I/O menu to make sure you are sending the proper signal level to the grid (tickle the front panel meter red LED when playing hard). The only major differences are that the rear inputs are stereo and do not have the variable impedance circuit (fixed at 1 Mohm I think).

Yes you can do split wet/dry setup. Use the FX Loop block to send one of the signals, wet or dry, to output 2. If you are not using stereo effects, you can also pan the wet and dry signals hard left and right respectively and use just output 1 L and R to send both.

How would I route both dry and wet separately to the Axe FX inputs? I am using pedals so everything is instrument level and have a split before my delays/reverbs for Dry and after them for Wet (all mono)?

Back
Top Bottom