Front Panel Set-Up

Jerry K.

Experienced
Here is my new setup. I got a front panel patch bay and a rack bag and now my setup is so simple!
The bag is 17" deep and works perfect! I am using an amp stand in reverse to hold the bag. The blue speakon is power in and The white speakon jack provides power out to my wedge. Inside there is a female 3 prong power plug to plug in the 7 pin midi power supply if needed. I also got a cable made that brings power and audio out to the wedge, it is like a mini snake. It all working great.

Last edited:
Here is my new setup. I got a front panel patch bay and a rack bag and now my setup is so simple!
The bag is 17" deep and works perfect! I am using an amp stand in reverse to hold the bag. The blue speakon is power in and The white speakon jack provides power out to my wedge. Inside there is a female 3 prong power plug to plug in the 7 pin midi power supply if needed. I also got a cable made that brings power and audio out to the wedge, it is like a mini snake. It all working great.

Wherabouts? I'm in Creve Coeur. Always good to have a fellow Fractal user in the neighborhood. Your setup looks clean! Send me a PM

MM

Yes, that's a VAFAM panel. So glad I got one, and they are not that expensive.

Don't forget to order extra cables. Makes it very easy for transportion. Just unplug the "home" cables, take the rack to a gig/rehearsal, connect using the "travel" cable set, and back at home just plug in the home set again.

Only hard thing to do is to exactly figure out on forehand what you want on it. I got power, an additional power outlet, OUT1 XLR L/R, a second set of Outs (TRS) used for OUT1, speaker outs (for power amp), USB, MFC and an additional hole for any other cable.
If I were to order a new one, I would include more inputs (Input 1 R).

It is a VAFAM panel, they are great to work with. I completely agree about the extra cables, I ended up ordering additional ones once I got it so I could leave my at home cabling intact. I am pretty happy with the routing I chose but I thought about it for quite some time before I made the purchase. I certainly recommend this rig for easy transport and set-up.

Back
Top Bottom