Front Instrument Input question ???

Japster

Inspired
Is there any advantage in using the Front Instrument Input over the Rear one if using a Wireless System ?

Since there is no cable therefore no direct loading of input by different cables / guitar impedances etc. etc.

Just bought a Line 6 wireless system with a rear output and it seems logical and more convenient to run a cable from its output to Input 1 Rear connector. Wireless unit has both balanced & unbalanced connectors.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

I would just try it and see if you can hear the special sauce on the front socket.
Some here just go into the back and some in the front.... It's another one of owe things :)

Let your own ears be the judge

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I've read several posts in which Cliff says to always use the front panel input for instruments, whether wired or wireless. I have a Line6 G90 wireless, and it would be more convenient for me to patch into the rear input, but I've tried both and the front panel input is noticeably better. I wish the "secret sauce" processing was switchable to the rear input, which would make rack setups simpler. Fortunately, I was able to fit a cable through some space in my rack and patch into the front input.

Back
Top Bottom