From Leon Todds Cave: Boss CE-1, ADA MP-1 Chorus & Eventide micropitch

If I want to stick the CE-1 in front of an amp instead of after the amp, do I just move the 3-row stack (dry, 2x CHO) and Mixer before the amp? Any changes to the Mixer to accommodate going into the mono amp input or it'll just respond similarly to the real pedal into an amp?

Also, it appears the Mixer is shutting off one CHO block when in chorus mode and one CHO block when in vibrato mode... I take that to mean the CE-1 only really needs one CHO block?

If I want to stick the CE-1 in front of an amp instead of after the amp, do I just move the 3-row stack (dry, 2x CHO) and Mixer before the amp?
Just move the top chorus and lower its mix. The CE-1 uses a single BBD. The second block there is the Vibrato. I'd also change the LFO Type from Triangle to Astable.

Just move the top chorus and lower its mix. The CE-1 uses a single BBD. The second block there is the Vibrato. I'd also change the LFO Type from Triangle to Astable.
Thanks! The Vibrato is simply the other mode of the CE-1, right? So I can use the settings from that before the amp to get the CE-1 vibrato emulated?

I guess if working mono then there's no need for that Mixer block at all, since there's the mix in the CHO block

You're suggesting changing LFO because I'm moving it before the amp, or because it's more accurate overall?

Thanks everyone for posting the settings and all the help!

I moved one CHO block up before the amp, changed LFO to Astable for the chorus mode, and dropped the CHO block Mix down to 88.9% (figured if the Mixer block had the dry row at 77.7%, then I should cut that drop in half?)

All that matters for mix is your preference. I prefer 56%.
Thanks, can we think of the mix control as being equivalent to the "Level" knob on the original hardware, with 0% = full counterclockwise and 100% being full clockwise?

I had assumed Level was a preamp control, but I know it was the mid 70's and terminology wasn't exactly standardized yet

$200?! For ONE BLOCK?? 😱

Sorry, I know that's a completely reasonable price for a sturdy box with 4 knobs, 3 switches, high quality inputs/outputs, and vintage-accurate processing.

It's just that Fractal has completely scrambled my concept of what I get for my money! 🤣

As a more practical matter: I'm trying to keep my setup as slim as possible. Gig bag + FM3 is great when you're taking the NYC subway!
Haha good answer. As much as I love my III, there is a few pedals it just can't do. :)

Back
Top Bottom