from Eleven Rack to Axe-fx

SloeGin

Hey guys,

I currently own an 11R with an Atomic powered wedge but i'm thinking about upgrading to an AXE-FX.
The reason for that is that they axe-fx apparently sounds better with the atomic wedge and i'd like to have more amp models and better quality of the JCM800 model.

My question is: how much more difficult is the axe-fx to tweak than my 11R?
I heard from some people that there are alot of user patches around there so that will be a good start i quess?
Also how hard is the axe-fx editor to learn?
Anyone else who went from 11R to AXE-FX?

Thanks! :)

Haha - I kinda see where Tom is coming from, but to be honest, I'm no shrinking violet when it comes to simply diving head first into to new gear and kit I have no previous experience of, but distinctly remember being somewhat overwhelmed by the Ultra... at first ;)

I guess it's like anything new, the more you play about and find your way around, the more logical and simple it becomes. Axe Edit really helps here as you soon get to understand the format and layout

When recording a band last week, I simply plugged the guitarist into the Ultra to get some guide tracks done with the bass and drums, it took me 2 minutes using the front panel to dial up an empty preset, stick in a Marsha & a 4x12 with a couple gain & master tweaks and he loved it... so much so that these guides have stayed in the final mix! No compressor, no reverb, no nothing - just a great tone in an instant

I'm still very new to the Axe-FX (5-6 seeks) and that was the first time I'd used the front panel to edit the Ultra from scratch too :cool:

Well i recently had an 11r and now an axe-fx. I was running the 11r into a mesa poweramp into a 412 cab. I was quite happy with the sounds but always had the axe in the back of my mind. I finally decided to throw caution to the wind and order one and sell the "loser" to my ears. It's true that the 11r was ridiculously easy to tweak but i really don't find the axe bad at all. While i was waiting for it to arrive i downloaded the manual and read on the wiki. Once the AFX arrived i had a preset made from scratch in 10 minutes that sounded amazing! Needless to say the 11 was adios :)

rpurdue said:
Well i recently had an 11r and now an axe-fx. I was running the 11r into a mesa poweramp into a 412 cab. I was quite happy with the sounds but always had the axe in the back of my mind. I finally decided to throw caution to the wind and order one and sell the "loser" to my ears. It's true that the 11r was ridiculously easy to tweak but i really don't find the axe bad at all. While i was waiting for it to arrive i downloaded the manual and read on the wiki. Once the AFX arrived i had a preset made from scratch in 10 minutes that sounded amazing! Needless to say the 11 was adios :)

How big is the difference between the ( JCM 800, plexi and Dual Rectifier) models?

I've been programming for years but once you know how to do basic screen navigation, you can easily program straight from the Axe FX screen.

Back
Top Bottom