Friedman Cab 3Sigma IR test

Hi All,

I had some time today to do a quick test / analysis of the 4X12 Friedman Cab from 3Sigma audio :

analyzes were made with HOFA IQ- analyzer v2

- 3Sigma are starting their impulses on an sample down , what appears to be a choice of the company?

View attachment 33034

. Here's an example of what can be heard in phase inversion case :

! Little reminder : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase_(waves)

. This does not matter, because we can correct this kind of thing in Cab-Lab, doing an "phase flip"

during processing of the wav IR into FAS IR/.syx :

Cab-Lab / tool / Processing Mode / Min Phase

View attachment 33035

View attachment 33036

- From 300 Hz, there are no differences between the tub amp and the solid state amp version

View attachment 33037

- I found very good sounding IRs, ready to play & Many good Bass Cab !! which is rare.

View attachment 33038

I think these IRs are designed to allow the greatest number to start directly with Pro cabs, easily, on many system.

- This is a different approach, of course it is far from the IR Cab-Pack from ownhammer, FAS, ML Soundlab or CabIR !

Their packs include many single Mic takes (with different Mic), different Speakers,

Mix (mix of several Mic, speackers), and many other options with top notch raw IRs,

but requires time consuming work of selection and mix, if you want to sculpt your own sound,

or simply a sound which fit well in your mix (that’s the point)

There is also a selection of mix or Artist Mix, ready to play !!

With this sort of Pack you have ALL the options, with a very large amount of IRs

- the number of IR is not the problem, what matter, is what you want to do with .)

- In any cases, these packs are worth the price, considering the amount of pricy equipment,

the knowledge needed to shoot Good IRs, the time spent, the cab, speackers ...

Beware of the rabbit hole :)

this is just my opinion, remember, the tone is highly subjective,…

The really weird thing is that in a way, I like the out of phase sound. The tone of the first section of the clip sounded almost exactly like Jeff Beck's tone in A Day In The Life!

Back
Top Bottom