Friedman ASM Boomy

As far as comparing the CLR to the Asm it is pre set and mostly IR contingent. I got so frustrated with getting a good tone toward the end of owning a CLR and I did not have time to try hundreds of IR's. The unit was great I just could not find and IR that worked for me.
Fortunately with the asm Ax8 and a couple of kick ass IR's (Freman created -buy his pre set pack) and I am in tonal heaven -just bought my 2nd asm last night $799 while they last as the price just went up to $899.

With the low switch off it is not boomy as all- all about tone shaping in the axe!

same could be said when using the CLR's....

Yeah, my ASM-12 is not boomy at all. As others have mentioned, all depends on your presets, etc. but I never have to adjust bass or low end when going from my computer speakers to the ASM-12. I cut mids but that is basically it.

Keep in mind also that everyone is using different guitars, pickups, cabs, etc., etc. For me though definitely not boomy and my guitar even has a built-in bass boost. My low end is perfect and really tight with no flub. You might want to make sure your firmware is updated correctly and last but not least, make sure your ASM-12 didn't somehow get damaged during shipping with a loose speaker or something.

As far as comparing the CLR to the Asm it is pre set and mostly IR contingent. I got so frustrated with getting a good tone toward the end of owning a CLR and I did not have time to try hundreds of IR's. The unit was great I just could not find and IR that worked for me.
Fortunately with the asm Ax8 and a couple of kick ass IR's (Freman created -buy his pre set pack) and I am in tonal heaven -just bought my 2nd asm last night $799 while they last as the price just went up to $899.

With the low switch off it is not boomy as all- all about tone shaping in the axe!
They went up to 899?! dang

For me i cut under 150hz and roll the highs off as well. I love the cab. Hate the form factor, but the tone keeps me around.

No boom in my rig unless I want it that way....and sometimes I do, if I feel a bit right hand aggressive.....

As has been said, and we all already know, you've got to tune it all in..... a lot of variables there, but that's the way we like it right?

That can be a tough thing to do though, when you have a tweaking approach ingrained in you based on a previous cab, or a certain sound/feel your head has committed to, which is based on what you're replacing.

Tough to break out of that sort of thing sometimes, but rest assured the ASM can be as thin, tight, thumping, or loose as you make it.

All major gear auditions deserve we take the time to allow our heads to acclimate and that's not always easy....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom