Friedman ASM-12

Could a folding trolley and a couple of bungee cords help with the ASM?
Yes I do this if I don't have to deal with steps. Most of the time it just isn't worth the cart - I just make one last trip for the cab. It is worth it to me - I really dig the cab - and I use it both angled up and sometimes on end vertically - just depends on the gig space and how sound moves in the room. Last gig I ended up with the mixer on top! (smaller space).
ci4Dez6.jpg

Thanks for sharing your input guys , i did make it to sweetwater music in ft.wayne and try the friedman asm 12 with my ax8 and i can say and you may call me crazy but to my ears my yamaha dbr 15 sounds every bit as good, but thats just my opinion, thanks again and ROCK ON !!!!

Yes I do this if I don't have to deal with steps. Most of the time it just isn't worth the cart - I just make one last trip for the cab. It is worth it to me - I really dig the cab - and I use it both angled up and sometimes on end vertically - just depends on the gig space and how sound moves in the room. Last gig I ended up with the mixer on top! (smaller space).
ci4Dez6.jpg

Sweet Tele!

A little late to the party but here's my .02 anyways.... I love the tone of the ASC-12 It sounds AWESOME! My only complaint was the volume. I just don't think it's as loud as it should be. I got a Yamaha DXR10 and it blows the ASC-12 out of the room volume wise and sounds just as good. if you're playing rock to metal they are about even with the Yamaha getting the edge because of the volume. I'd give the overall tone edge to the Friedman especially with the cleaner, crunchy tones and remember with the Friedman the low-cut is your friend!

And here's a quick pick from the last gig!
IMG_29731.jpg

I can echo the volume issue. I think it's unfortunately by design - I've tried multiple cables, checked my I/O and gain balancing...it's livable, but frustrating nonetheless.

I can echo the volume issue. I think it's unfortunately by design - I've tried multiple cables, checked my I/O and gain balancing...it's livable, but frustrating nonetheless.
Yeah it's not user error it's just the ASM/ASC, which really surprises me. How can the Friedman guy say this thing hangs with a BE-100???

I was expecting it to be very loud also. Just got my ASM (have to do lots of work with it still) and am surprised that even at home in a bedroom I have to turn it up higher than I ever thought I would be able. In my case its ok but cant see it being very loud on any size stage playing with a loud drummer

+1 on Xitone. Ive got the Dayton audio version of the wedge and it feels like an amp to me. Finally gone “full Fractal” for my last 2 gigs and getting better at creating useful patches. I got many compliments on my tone moving between a Matchless and a JCM800 for a variety of songs. I create the patches on the Xitone and they translate well to our QSC PA and my Tascam studio monitors. Its lightweight. Im all in!

I was expecting it to be very loud also. Just got my ASM (have to do lots of work with it still) and am surprised that even at home in a bedroom I have to turn it up higher than I ever thought I would be able. In my case its ok but cant see it being very loud on any size stage playing with a loud drummer

Same here.... The ASC sounds amazing but I'm underwhelmed at the over all volume.

~ss

I keep my ASM on about 8 so still have some room to turn it up and it cuts fine over a loud drummer. Do you have your patches zero'd on the vu meter?

I'm surprised to see always mentionnned the weight of the Friedman as a negative. According to the spec sheet, its 52lbs, so 23kg. So yes it's more than my Yamaha DXR 10 (17.5 kg), but not that much!!?

Am I missing something?!

The ASM size, weight and handle position of it makes it awkward to carry. It's center of gravity is further from the body than your typical amp head which turns it into a struggle to lug around.

Sound is 10/10 though.

I am pretty happy with mine. I use it in a wedge fashion and sometimes on it's end facing straight off the stage. Always have it behind me but recently I have had it in front at rehearsal and I kinda like it there. I might try it in front at an up coming gig.

I am pretty happy with mine. I use it in a wedge fashion and sometimes on it's end facing straight off the stage. Always have it behind me but recently I have had it in front at rehearsal and I kinda like it there. I might try it in front at an up coming gig.
That's where I put mine too - in front of me. I like it a lot there and I can keep the volume a little lower than having it behind me.

Digging up some old bones here. Just wanted to check in and see where everyone stands with their FRFR cabs of choice. Anyone still playing an asm/asc? Is it holding up in loud live environments? Anyone cross over to a xitone michael britt?

I do think the Friedman has a lot of potential with a some eq tweaks, but I am very intrigued by the m britt... just not sure how the tone and “big” cab sound holds up against the Friedman.

For reference, I play a lot of big, spacey cleans and heavily distorted chords and leads that are sometimes littered in reverb and delay.

Digging up some old bones here. Just wanted to check in and see where everyone stands with their FRFR cabs of choice. Anyone still playing an asm/asc? Is it holding up in loud live environments? Anyone cross over to a xitone michael britt?

I do think the Friedman has a lot of potential with a some eq tweaks, but I am very intrigued by the m britt... just not sure how the tone and “big” cab sound holds up against the Friedman.

For reference, I play a lot of big, spacey cleans and heavily distorted chords and leads that are sometimes littered in reverb and delay.

Still real happy with my ASM. Gigged with it the other week and really dug the tone. Chic/Nile Rodgers-esque band so mainly Fender cleans with a few leads

Back
Top Bottom