FRFR Xitone. - wow

1poorplayer

Power User
I've had my AX8 since it was released , and I've been listening to it thru my mixers using studio headphones , studio monitor speakers , and PA speakers. I've always thought it sounded great.
After playing a gig as a fill-in guitarist , with no IEMs , I used a PA speaker for a monitor.
The experience sparked my interest to try out one of the FRFR speakers mentioned here on the forum , so I did.
Xitone.
I've only used it for a few hours , but I am impressed with the sound. It sounds much more like an actual guitar cab , than anything else I've used. I really didn't expect it to sound so .....REAL.

I’ve had a 10” wedge for about a month. It was the final piece of the puzzle in making my AX8 sound as good as I knew it could.

I have a XiTone Openback and a Wedge. Both fantastic cabs. I agree with your assertion about it sounding (feeling) more like a guitar cab than other options. Congratulations!

I have a pair of Xitone dual 12" with my Matrix 1000 / Axe FX Xl II+ at home, and they're awesome! I recently bought, for my condo in Florida, (which is a whole lot smaller), an AX8, with a pair of Yamaha HS8's and they sound fantastic as well, perfect for smaller spaces and at lower volumes, can't be beat by the larger FRFR's. Takes a lot less to move 8" drivers than 12".

I'd love to have an active open back, along with my active wedge. That would be an amazing combo.

For now, I have the Xitone wedge and a CLR. Happy with both, and it's the best of both worlds in many ways.

I have a XiTone Openback and a Wedge. Both fantastic cabs. I agree with your assertion about it sounding (feeling) more like a guitar cab than other options. Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom