FRFR SPEAKERS

Rockcop44

I currently have a Headrush speaker that Im not happy with. Any recommendations for a FRFR for my FM9? Thanks!!!

I'm really loving my Yamaha DHR12s, so much that I bought 4 of them. They're on sale right now for like $640 down from like 800. They're coaxial (big deal, IMO), loud as hell, not super heavy and look really cool when you stack them on their sides.

Attachments

• PXL_20231006_022941420.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20231006_022941420.NIGHT.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 40
The absolute best I've tried was the RCF NX12-SMA
... Or, if you need smaller, Red Sound ELIS.8

Reactions: rog
The RCF's mentioned above are great but a bit pricey $$$! I use a pair of EV PXM-12MP monitors. There are plenty of posts on these here. Great speakers - not cheap but more affordable if your on a budget. CLR's also get a lot of love as well as the Red Sounds.

Just picked up a Fender FR-10 which I’m liking a lot. My other speaker is a custom cab loaded with a Celestion F12-X200, which is the one that replaced my HR-112. I like them both but my F12 cab is a tank and I needed a 2nd speaker and lighter carry. You can spend a lot on FR speakers but for the price these new Fenders sound good. And have tone controls. Look like guitar cabs too.

I have CLR's and pair of the FR12's. The FR's are great value IMO. Sound terrific without dropping loads of cash. But yeah live or home is a great question^

나는 현재 만족스럽지 않은 Headrush 스피커를 가지고 있습니다. 내 FM9의 FRFR에 대한 권장 사항이 있습니까? 감사!!!
I purchased the Headrush 108 and am very satisfied with it when using it with FM9. I'm wondering what you don't like about Headrush 108?

Last edited:
I currently have a Headrush speaker that Im not happy with. Any recommendations for a FRFR for my FM9? Thanks!!!
I had the Headrush 112, and a friend had their 108s, and neither impressed me. I switched to a pair of the EV PXM-12MP and they are a major night and day difference compared to the Headrush.

I also have a pair of the REDSOUND ELIS.8 Pro speakers, and think either are a great solution. The EVs can be REALLY loud if you need them to be. The ELIS are great in smaller rooms, but are surprisingly loud too.

I have 2 of the Headrush 112's and use them for running backing tracks to play along with. I know they aren't great speakers but they are the only ones I've ever had so have nothing to compare them to. I'm curious if something like Celestion F12-X200 would be better for my use or would just going with better PA speakers be a better idea?

I'm really loving my Yamaha DHR12s, so much that I bought 4 of them. They're on sale right now for like $640 down from like 800. They're coaxial (big deal, IMO), loud as hell, not super heavy and look really cool when you stack them on their sides.
I was considering these or the Laneys.

I have 2 of the Headrush 112's and use them for running backing tracks to play along with. I know they aren't great speakers but they are the only ones I've ever had so have nothing to compare them to. I'm curious if something like Celestion F12-X200 would be better for my use or would just going with better PA speakers be a better idea?
The HeadRush aren’t horrible but I did pay a hefty price for the FM9 so I want to maximize it and provide it with the best sounding speakers I can afford.

About 10 years ago we were lugging around QSC HPR 122’s. They are (I still have 2 of them), at 60lb, not fun to deal with. I imagine The DHR 15’S at 52lbs are in the same category.

Back
Top Bottom