FRFR How many do you need

Just received my CLR's today. Haven't unboxed them yet.
My intention is to try WDW, and other configurations at home, but..
The reality of my gig will be to use CLR as a small PA + monitor for small to medium sized workshops that my wife & I put together. The workshops are meditative and I want to sound great when the places we present at don't have proper sound equip.

So... GTR < AxeII < CLR
.................... < MackiePro8 < CLR < CLR

This Sunday will be the test ride for 2 ministries workshops in 2 locations - morning and evening. Awesome!!

We'll be testing & tuning our new rig tonight & tomorrow.
We'll also have my RCF12 to play with too. Prob use that for wifey's monitor.

Maybe overkill for what we're doing, but I love it when audio presentations sound good. Real good.

More to come....

Same question @ both zecure and BreadTooth and anyone else using 3 speakers.

WDW?

And what are the benefits of running WDW - us inquiring newbies wanna know? ;)

Last edited:
When Jay performed as a small club in Dallas, he used the Frazier PM499 (progenitor of the Atomic CLR) as the Dry center of a W/D/W rig. The L and R Wet sides were small line-arrays - not sure which brand, but they resembled the Fishman SA220.

This question is mainly directed at CLR owners: If I'm using one as backline, would I also need one as a floor monitor? Bear in mind, I play with some very loud drummers and frequently have trouble hearing myself on stage. Recently I've been using a pair of Deeflex sound deflectors which helps to spread the sound out and removes the beaming effect on the audience. Would these still be necessary with a CLR backline speaker?

Though I'm not a CLR owner yet..., I do know enough about sound and speaker placement to answer your question. One CLR should get you what you need but you may need to elevate it off the floor about a meeter in order to get the coverage your looking for and you would not need the deflector any longer.

Proximity to the speaker will play a factor as well, if your tight quartered to the back line you may need to play with speaker placement. Angled stage washing may work better in this instance this way you still can cary the FOH, your band mates and you will be able to hear your mix at the same time. With an almost 90* coverage pattern the further from the speaker the more broader the coverage area. Knowing the coverage pattern you can point to a spot in the house that will yield the best coverage for the stage and the house.

Last edited:
Reactions: sam
Hi, guys.

I have an atomic reactor fr powered cab (50W), and I’m very satisfied with it. My answer is: can I use it, on stage, as a “real” monitor? I mean can I mix drum, bass and voice in it with guitar?

Thanks

Roberto

I have three since the resale market dropped off for the Atomic FRFR wedges. They are really amazing, but on the gig I only use one.

I want 4, one for each output jack on the Axe!

Seriously though how cool would it be to go W/D/D/W where you're running two amp blocks, one for each dry channel.

I want 12 for the baddest personal W/D/W rig ever... 3 wedges in front of me and 9 cab style behind me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom