FRFR - Discussion and Benefits of Running Direct to FOH Circa the end of 2011

Hey Scott,
Just pulled the trigger for RCF NX 12-SMA. I talked to Mike in California, and ended up with a sweet deal for the wedge and the cover. You were right on the button, it will be some time until I see the goods being that they are backed ordered. Being that I live close to Jersey, he was able to shave even more, plus it will be dropped shipped, and hopefully not dropped then shipped. Also I wanted to ask you about expression pedals, the beginning of this thread you posted pics of your rig. I see two pedal, are those pedals for volume and parameters, could you give me a little information on a good pedals, model numbers, etc. And one more thing if you don't mind how to set them up, and the patch cord is this a regular mono patch cable, or TRS and if this is a TRS is it TRS both sides. Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for the advice.

I want to ADD FRFR to my setup, and could do with some suggestions.

Currently I use the AFX/Matrix into a 2x12 cab (v30 and G12H). I like how it sounds, and for small gigs where Im producing all the guitar sounds from my backline it works well. At home I use the same rig, turned down with a different EQ curve (trying to compensate for the FM curve) and it works well. The issue? not using the cab/mic sims. I feel I could get more variation if I did. Also I may do some function stuff int he future - which means going direct. I have no issue here and would just feed my amp/cab with a signal (without the cab sim), but that wont be the best.

so - Im considering several ways. The first is to load my cab with EV12ls - which I believe yo CAN use the cab sims with.

I have a pair of Event TR5s in my music room for when I record. I have been thinkiong of using these, or upgrading them, and designing patches fromt here. Then using those to feed FOH, and taking a tap to my amp/speakers for monitoring. Again I wont get the best sound but FOH may.

The other option is some kind of passive FRFR speaker. I can drive it from my Matrix so dont need powered ones - and also dont need stupid power levels because if I HAVE to compete with drummers etc I have my default guitar cab.

Soo - what would you do? If it required replacing the Events (they may be good enough already - but I doubt it) what would you replace with. If its going the FRFR cab route - which passive FRFR would be decent? dont want to spend the earth, but could maybe do £600 or so.

Back
Top Bottom