FRFR and the string scrape dilemma

RDeraz

Experienced
i have been battling this since going with a FR system(you know,in between fast chord changes on high gain settings,the scrape that shoots through your brain) and finally found a decent solution.the new Dean Markeley Helix strings.cleared up at least 60% of the problem.and they feel great also.anyone else having this problem should give these strings a try.i'm usually very skeptical about new improved manufacture techniques and dismiss it as marketing ploy,but these delivered.:)

The FRFR-cab is at the end of the whole signalchain. Strings are at the beginning.
How is there any linear relationship between each other?
A randomly improvement?

I'm very hard on my strings and I like to keep my tone consistent. I'm also a cheap bastard. The juststrings.com bulk packages are great for that. I can change them out on my guitar every 2-3 weeks without going into debt, and they sound fantastic. I think someone told me that the strings themselves are actually made by D'Addario.

High Fidelity signal chains can expose flaws in technique and it happens to me ALL THE TIME when I upgrade anything from pickups to speakers and everything in between. It's not just that it's FRFR, it's that you're finally getting an accurate representation of the sound you're creating with your guitar. In a few months, your chord changes will clean up, provided you make an effort to do so. That string scratch sound is created by moving without lifting your fingers up all the way, so go back to fundamentals of fretting/releasing and try to do it slow without the noise. Anytime I'm having issues like that, I always try to return to fundamental technique exercises for a solution.

Also, I'm very fond of Elixir strings. A lot of people I've met that have tried them on their guitars don't seem to like them, but I went through about 10 brands and decided the Elixir's were my fav, not only for tone, but they last longer and don't rip up my fingers so much. On the other end of the spectrum for me are Ernie Ball's. Those things are like little tiny chainsaws.

Back
Top Bottom