FRFR and Non-FRFR running separate. How do I get effects to run sync?

romanianreaper

Power User
So I finally got my FRFR (Output 1) and non-FRFR (Output 2 with FXL block) to work together (thanks Yek!!). The only downside is that I can only hear my effects running into the FRFR and it is dry on the other side. How can I be able to hear the effects coming thru both sides?

I have the FX Loop between the AMP and CAB blocks and didn't know if putting the effects in front of the cab block would sound bad, otherwise I could have just moved everything over. Thanks!

Please post your preset, or a screenshot of the preset in AE.

The easiest way would be to move the effects before FXL/cab. This often doesn't change the tone at all. Only certain things like drive & pitch shifting will sound different before vs. after cab, and sound better before it anyway IMO. Consider this is similar to what happens when you hear those effects through the non-FRFR cab too.

If you've been using a mono cab block followed by stereo effects you'll need to switch to a stereo cab block to continue hearing the effects in stereo.

If you've been using a mono cab block followed by stereo effects you'll need to switch to a stereo cab block to continue hearing the effects in stereo.

Ah, that might be one of the issues I was hearing in some of the presets. I did move the effects and as mentioned, it did sound just as good. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom