Frequency dependent phase inversion - 80's delay nerdiness

That sounds absolutely gorgeous! I love it and I want it. Following your pursuits with great interest!

Also interesting idea re subtle shimmer, I’m gonna try that too!

I really enjoyed the playing too, Bad is one of my favourite U2 licks. That era of U2 was hugely influential to me as a teenager. Which comp were you using? Would you be willing to share the patch?
Sure! And thank you :)

The comp is the Studio Feedback Comp 2. The FET compressor pops a bit better but something about this one is just right to my ears for this guitar.

The amp is the Princeton BTW - not the AC20. Too many patches and too little time.

Here's the patch. Keep in mind that the delay in the recording comes from an external delay - I've been trying to match the AF 2290 delay to it. It really doesn't feel close to my ears - the percussiveness is missing. I only get about 20 minutes a day to work on it but I'm getting closer. I really haven't dialed in the mod at all yet. Ignore the first 4 scenes - the only ones you want really are "internal delay" and "rack delay". The external delay should be fed by Axe Out 3 (L) and fed back in stereo to Axe In 3. It's a work in progress!

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=9314

Awesome, thank you! I know what you mean about the percusiveness. I had a TC Nova Repeater that I haven't gotten around to copying, but I sure miss it.

Back
Top Bottom