Freebie Fractal T Shirts!!!

cobbler

Fractal Fanatic
OK forumites, here is the deal.

I purchased 2 T's from fractal. There was a slight issue with credit card verification filters and I was called that very same day and it was resolved. I received the shirts yesterday. Unfortunately during the confusion I was sent two large T's though I ordered XL's.

I emailed and Danielle was kind enough to get back to me within hours and apologized for the error and said they would ship out a two XL's promptly. And to top it all off I was told to keep the two L's for the inconvenience. Wow! Now that is customer service!

So, I have decided to offer up the two Large T’s free of charge to two forumites figuring they would appreciate the gift way more than any of my loser friends that have no clue who or what Fractal is.

So here’s the deal. Let’s do both a clean and a high gain clip contest. The rules:

1. Must be a forum member. (An Axe Gen1 or Gen2 unit must be used in the clip)
2. You can only win one. If you are chosen as the best for both the clean clip runner up will win.
3. No rules as far as how the clip was created. It’s wide open. Show us your stuff.
4. Judging will be done by the forumites (90%) and ME (10% for tiebreaking purposes).
5. 3 clips total per member allowed for both catagories combined. If you enter a 4th then you must remove one. (added 7/27)
6. All clips must be entered by Aug 15.

This is simply meant to be fun and hey, you can get a free Fractal T-Shirt in the process! I will cover the shipping so it will be no cost to anyone. I was thinking along the lines of a 3 day poll for the judging. If anyone has any better suggestions on how to handle this I am open to them.

Craig

Edit: Sept-5-11

And here are the winners...

GAIN WINNER:

Antenna Graphtech Tonetest by HandofTaurus on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

CLEAN WINNER:

Jerry K. SoundClick artist: Jerry Kelley - page with MP3 music downloads

Antenna and Jerry K: Please PM me your shipping information and I will get the T shirts to you pronto!

To all who participated, thank you and I hope everyone had fun.

Craig

Last edited:
Sweet! What kind of high gain stuff? like 80's shred, 90's modern rock, thrash, death metal, metalcore, djent?

Wide open. Whatever you want to toss out there. Just remember that the forum will be voting so you have to appeal to the masses. It's all for fun and not to be taken too seriously with lots of rules and/or restrictions.

cool! well it'll be modern rock for my pick since metal is a minority and I've wanted to make a good modern rock tone :)

Wish I still had my AXE for this, I sold it in prep for the waitlist to have money ready when I get the coupon :( Don't think I'll have one before Aug 15th T_T

Well since I don't have an Axe until the II arrives, I suppose I'll post an old High Gain clip from my Standard. This was one of my first patches + recordings I had ever done so go easy ;) (Adding soundcloud link in a sec)

This is just 2 guitar tracks (Left, Right), and SD 2.0 drums. Just raw guitar tracks no eq in logic

Last edited:
EDIT: I don't think this may be a high gain patch but oh well you guys can decide.

So here's some of my entry patches :)

I wanted a modern rock sound like Sugar Ray's song "Personal Space Invader" and think I got pretty close with my ltd ec 1000 but i was too lazy to program drums to the song and I didn't feel like detuning to play along so I just said screw it and put basic SD2 preset drums and played a repetitive cheesy simple riff over it. For the cool lick at the end I have a modded 145 Time preset patch if you guys want it but it sounds a bit trebly but maybe that's why it worked here?
Oh and for the record I did no post production. All axe baby! Total tracks are 5 (2 guitars, 1 lead, 1 programmed bass, SD2 drums) plus master bus for monitoring overall mix level and I mastered it for loudness. No eq or nothin.

Attachments

• 008 - PSI800HIOD.syx
    2 KB · Views: 13
  • 007 - PSI800HI808TS.syx
    2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
might I make a suggestion: since everything we play through is so different, and we could tweak like crazy with drums bass, backing tracks: I would humbly suggest the only way to truly judge a patch is plain old guitar patch alone no other tweaks or settings, just and axe fx and some non tweaked recording. If we turn in songs, its really hard to judge the Preset/patch itself.

Last edited:
Well since I don't have an Axe until the II arrives, I suppose I'll post an old High Gain clip from my Standard. This was one of my first patches + recordings I had ever done so go easy ;) (Adding soundcloud link in a sec)
you know.. as I listen to the guitars, if they were maybe a bit more middy or bassy but just slightly on both, that could sound like cannibal corpse guitars! Yeeeeeeahhh!

you know.. as I listen to the guitars, if they were maybe a bit more middy or bassy but just slightly on both, that could sound like cannibal corpse guitars! Yeeeeeeahhh!

Haha yea, I've been on a journey to dial in the All Shall Perish - Awaken the Dreamers tone. It was getting tough though since I had to just run it through my previous head as FX loop and cheap cab. In prep for the Axe II I've bought some KRK RP8 G2's for FRFR. I think I'll really get what I want out of the Axe II once this coupon comes someday ;)

@symphx I would totally make a sample of this if I could find the old logic file(s) I'll dig around, otherwise I just sold my Standard on Monday for money toward the II so I can't do anything new :'(

Misha Mansoor? :D
Also, were those guitars quad tracked?
Haha!, I'm no Mansoor but I do love that brown mutherfucker and Marc Okubo, I do hope I don't sound too close to either one though! I didn't quad track thats just sloppy playing, I did this in about 15 minutes.
Shiiiiiaaaat, Antenna delivers again!

Thanks man! I do love me quick breakdown/groove clips! I promise I'll actually start posting full songs again soon enough.

Okay, I was away a few days. Was hoping to see more entries but I see 968 have viewed so hopefully many are off creating. Let others know as I see a lot of clips created in other threads. As Antenna said in an earlier post, why not toss it here (and get a chance to win a T). You have nothing to lose but time.

As of now there are only 3 entries. One each by Zomgasm, Sammetal91, and Antenna. I will keep track of them and update the first post with some sort of list going forward.

I am thinking of extending the due dat to Aug 31st to give people obtaining their II's a little more time. Any objections?

Wish I still had my AXE for this, I sold it in prep for the waitlist to have money ready when I get the coupon :( Don't think I'll have one before Aug 15th T_T

As stated above, I am thinking of moving the due date to Aug 31st. It’s only 2 more weeks but will allow some others just receiving their II’s a chance.

might I make a suggestion: since everything we play through is so different, and we could tweak like crazy with drums bass, backing tracks: I would humbly suggest the only way to truly judge a patch is plain old guitar patch alone no other tweaks or settings, just and axe fx and some non tweaked recording. If we turn in songs, its really hard to judge the Preset/patch itself.

Not really looking to make this difficult at all. It’s wide open. Be creative as you want. It’s not necessarily a guitar clip contest. Consider it a let’s see what you can do with your Axe FX demonstration.

In other words, it’s all for fun and I am not going to get too serious about it. :)

You guys will be deciding the winner regardless, My vote will only be used for tiebreaking.

+1 for customer service! : D
I imagine that the contest is only for US residents, true?

Nope! I see no reason to exclude our brothers across the globe. I will cover the shipping. Bring it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom