Free gift uploads

jbosemusic

I’m trying to upload the Amex LIFESON gift of tone! It seems to be in a BLK format, how do I get that to an SYX file! Then I can export the tone to my axe3?

It's not a preset but a collection of effects/blocks which is why they're .blk files. Add them to the Axe Edit III/Blocks folder on your computer and access them through the Block Library in Axe Edit III.

From the included Read Me file:

Alex Lifeson's Gift of Tone is a collection of effect BLOCKS drawn from his Axe-Fx live rig banks. These files are also compatible with FM9 and FM3.

However you use your Fractal Audio product —- direct, with an amp, or in some other way -— you can enjoy block files. Once loaded, you can make any creative changes without affecting the original files stored in your library. (Think of the block library like a cookie cutter for sound settings).

To import blocks, move/copy the whole folder into your blocks library, typically located in /Documents/Fractal Audio/xxx-Edit/Blocks ("xxx" will be Axe, FM9 or FM3). You you can also drag and drop individual block files right onto the grid of your Fractal Audio editor software.

Firmware Requirements:
Axe-Fx III 21.0 or newer
FM9 4.0 or newer
FM3 6.0 or newer

The blocks are named with clues to the songs they are used with:

L Big Echo Got No Soul
AL Closer to the 5th
AL Delay of Syrinx
AL Distant Early Echoes
AL Modern Day Slapback
AL My Uncle Has a Chorus Place
AL The Sacred Reverb Alph