Free Def Leppard Preset (FM3, FM9, III)

No one's saying you have to use it, but it's an option. They typically put out one version for HBs and one for single coil. They'll also have different scenes. Probably shouldn't be so dismissive.

I am very aware of the WT YouTube channel and their presets and have nothing bad to say about them. I was not dismissive rather pointing out that if one wanted a Def Leppard preset, you could get it right from the actual guitar player in Def Leppard instead.

Sorry for assuming you were being dismissive. There is a lot to like in this preset though. You'll get much more scene wise than with the GOT one.

Just gave it a spin. It's very nice and I'm definitely keeping it loaded up. If you need more clean DL tones it's in there. If you used WT stuff in the past, it's the same great quality and includes professional release notes to help you tweak it. There is no separate file for HBs and singles, but I tested on HBs and it sounded great.

Not giving them my home address plus other info for a free preset. :(
I gave them a fake address; your phone number is optional. Heck, you could even give them a fake name; no one's checking. I've grabbed every free preset they offer and haven't had a problem. You do need to provide an email, but they don't send out tons of emails and you can always unsubscribe; I don't mind b/c that's how I find out about the free stuff.

EDIT: The only reason you'd need to supply your accurate info would be if you planned to purchase presets (which of course is their hope), because then that would be used to verify your credit card info for the purchase.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing @fcs101 - really appreciated.

So I built this out a long time ago and have been tweaking it over the past few months. I was pretty excited to see Phil release one of his actual live presets for the Gift of Tone series. I debated not putting my version out, but after downloading Phil's, I could see mine was a bit different so I figured why not.

If you've downloaded our WT Tone preset, just want to say thanks!

So I built this out a long time ago and have been tweaking it over the past few months. I was pretty excited to see Phil release one of his actual live presets for the Gift of Tone series. I debated not putting my version out, but after downloading Phil's, I could see mine was a bit different so I figured why not.

You guys are so entertaining and I often pick up little tips from you. Your presets are first class. Thanks!

I actually prefer this setup as to the Collen gift of tone one really. In the patch its got way more going on with things to turn on and off. Really I've found that my favorite setup is yours with a couple things switched on / off different than the default scenes and loading up the rockman cab for the Left or Right and leaving your cab for the other side. Fremen's rockman patch is a great distorted patch, but I don't feel like Def Leppard is full rockman tone either... or well at least when you are playing as a single guitar. Since Leppard is layered and multi tracked to hell and back I think a mix of 2 or 3 things sounds most pleasing for 1 guy playing.

Playing along to a song the heavily processed factory patch... WT, Fremen's rockman and Leon's Rockman all sound great as an added guitar.

I actually prefer this setup as to the Collen gift of tone one really. In the patch its got way more going on with things to turn on and off. Really I've found that my favorite setup is yours with a couple things switched on / off different than the default scenes and loading up the rockman cab for the Left or Right and leaving your cab for the other side. Fremen's rockman patch is a great distorted patch, but I don't feel like Def Leppard is full rockman tone either... or well at least when you are playing as a single guitar. Since Leppard is layered and multi tracked to hell and back I think a mix of 2 or 3 things sounds most pleasing for 1 guy playing.

Playing along to a song the heavily processed factory patch... WT, Fremen's rockman and Leon's Rockman all sound great as an added guitar.
I'll second your opinion. Was afraid I'd have rocks thrown at me though! :p

Totally awesome preset Thank you. :darts::guitar:
Fred, if you go to worshiptutorials.com you can get more freebies for any of the platforms. Go to the Shop tab at top, then under the column for Guitar Players select your platform.

There's a free bundle for the III (which I think you have). It consists of an AC-30 preset and one for Revelation Song.

The 3 and 9 can get both separately. The AC-30 preset is at the top of each page for free download, but you'll need to do a search for "Revelation Song" to locate.

Back
Top Bottom