AFIII Free Alternate Picking Masterclass

Hey Ozz, thx for the lessons!
Do you have any comments on wrist motion vs elbow motion? It appears that you switch to elbow when approaching your max speed which is what I tend to do also.

Gotta tell you - I've done a lot of alternate picking lessons and exercises but always got bored with them and didn't really stick with it. I'm thoroughly enjoying these though and can actually see some real progress. This format works for me. Thanks for doing this.

Wow it seems like only yesterday I was still failing on week 1. Oh wait…it WAS yesterday 😬

But seriously, thanks for these exercises; they’re great. I’m trying….

Thanks @Ozz Guitar ☺️
I’m still working on week 1 which is getting better.
I’m an old man who falls apart at 150 bpm😂
Week 2 goes downhill around 120bpm.
I’m noticing my pick isn’t jump as high over the strings .
I need to remember to hold the pick a little looser without a death grip and fret the strings lighter .
All in all
It’s been a great experience with these lessons!!!

Ozz, I was so pleased to find in one of your videos, in which you recommended a YJM lick from I'll See The Light Tonight, to use to help gain pinky/ring finger independence, and I was already using it for that very thing!!

So anything you say to do, to help improve as a guitar player, I do it!!

Thanks @Ozz Guitar ☺️
I’m still working on week 1 which is getting better.
I’m an old man who falls apart at 150 bpm😂
Week 2 goes downhill around 120bpm.
I’m noticing my pick isn’t jump as high over the strings .
I need to remember to hold the pick a little looser without a death grip and fret the strings lighter .
All in all
It’s been a great experience with these lessons!!!
You'll slow down from the first to the third week, but your speed will explode in the fourth week. So be patient :)

I'm going to make a start on these on Sunday.

I don't think I have a hope in hell to get to 280 but it will be fun trying.

Back
Top Bottom